|Date Posted||April 21, 2021|
If you are a Cybersecurity Professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Austin, Texas location, you will be responsible to continue to develop Emerson’s industry leading capabilities in cybersecurity across the entire Systems and Software organization. The role will work with multiple business units to ensure all customer offerings, development practices and support capabilities adhere to cybersecurity best practices. The wide range of businesses within the Systems and Software group will require tailoring the approach and priorities for each business.
As the Cybersecurity Leader for Systems and Software, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the key products, services and support offerings of each business at a high level, and what cybersecurity risks are most important to each business.
- Facilitate the discussion within each team on reviewing past audits and assessments, and then prioritizing the next improvements for that business. The improvements might include new industry standards or market expectations, product capabilities, training or service capabilities. It may also involve organizational changes to clearly identify responsibilities, committees or processes that need to be implemented or improved.
- Work with each business, as well as other cybersecurity teams within Emerson, to continue performing detailed audits and assessments to objectively measure cybersecurity maturity and progress, as well as identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Lead the communications plan for disseminating cybersecurity related information to channel partners and end user customers as appropriate.
- Act as the lead customer interface when appropriate, to present Emerson’s cybersecurity programs across the Systems and Software organization.
- Work with the Systems and Software executive management team to report on accomplishments, current capabilities, and investments required for continued success.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Someone who can use the knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions.
- Someone who establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
- Someone who scans the environment for new technical skills, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit business or personal performance.
- Someone who collaborates to create teams, allowing others across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
- Someone who can effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar (Electrical or Computer Engineering Preferred). MBA desirable but not required.
- 6 years of experience with design, implementation or support of cybersecurity solutions.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity standards, initiatives, best practices, secure development requirements, as well as auditing and assessment procedures.
- Ability to travel extensively (25-30%) within the USA, and occasionally travel internationally (pandemic and quarantine rules allowing)
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Familiarity or experience with process automation systems.
- Experience with cybersecurity standards and practices in either the process industries (e.g. IEC 62443) or government agencies, and certifications from qualified organizations such as (ISC)2 are a plus.