|Date Posted||July 4, 2019|
Apex Systems has an immediate opportunity for a Cybersecurity Lead in the Bethesda, MD area. This is a long-term contract-to-hire position supporting the federal government, and compensation ranges depending on experience and certifications. If you are interested, or if you would like more information, please contact Chris Harless at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Responsibilities of the Cybersecurity Lead:
- Lead a team of cybersecurity engineers responsible for the IT security of a large, complex environment
- Identify cybersecurity challenges, develop innovative technical solutions, and implement and operate these systems.
- Interface with both contract and government personnel and management on technical and business decisions in the context of cybersecurity
- Investigate emerging technologies to addresses new cybersecurity threats and evaluate these in the context of organization’s technology posture
- Collaborate with cybersecurity policy and assessment teams to ensure all compliance requirements are considered and addressed
- Oversee the involvement of cybersecurity subject matter experts in a consulting role within infrastructure project teams to provide guidance and perspective on security threats and mitigation
- Promote awareness of strategic initiatives, and encourage self-sustaining security practices and behaviors within delivery teams
- Provide operations oversight for all cybersecurity systems to ensure proper functioning, compliance, and effectiveness
- Provide day-to-day operational guidance to team members to ensure required tasks and service requests are completed
- Mentor team of security engineers on technical and business development
Required Experience of the Cybersecurity Lead:
- Bachelor’s degree or work experience equivalent and 10+ years total information technology experience
- 10 years of general information technology experience in one or more of the following areas: Systems Administration, Network Administration, Systems Engineering, Network Engineering or additional Information Security experience.
- 5+ years of dedicated information security experience, where responsibilities include planning, deploying, managing and maintaining enterprise security systems such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, anti-virus systems, vulnerability scanning, etc.
- Experience leading and/or managing a team
- Experience with cloud technologies, including Infrastructure as a Service and Software as a Service offerings, and security technologies and considerations surrounding these service models
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, analytical, written and communication skills
- Experience communicating complex technology topics to a varied audience, including both technical and business concepts
- Strong leadership and people management skills
Desired Experience of the Cybersecurity Lead:
- CISSP, CISA, or CISM Certification
- Hands on experience with Windows Server, WorkStation, and Linux operating environments
- Hands on experience with networking (TCP/IP)
- Hands on experience with full network traffic capture systems
- Hands on experience with cloud hosting technologies and providers
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178