|Published||September 10, 2023|
Cybersecurity IT Specialist
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Secret
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Continental US
CACI has an opening for a cleared Cybersecurity IT Specialist at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD who will provide technical consultative/advisory services to the PM/Product Manager (PdM) to review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Provide technical consultative/advisory services to the PM/Product Manager (PdM) to review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks.
- Provide cybersecurity systems engineering expertise on applications development projects to ensure the appropriate configuration of the operating environment.
- Proactively identify weaknesses and shortcomings in the security posture of Mission Command systems and recommend/adopt necessary controls and procedures to cost-effectively protect Mission Command systems from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Propose, plan, and execute Red Team operations based on realistic threats to Mission Command systems
- Support development of program cybersecurity policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility in accordance with Army/DISA requirements to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Participate in systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
- Collaborate with non-technical teams to propose enhancements and additions to Mission Command systems
- Participate in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
- Provide Subject Matter expertise in cybersecurity architecture technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, Active directory, and networking in general.
- Analyze technical information to determine the best application of cyber tactics, techniques and procedures; AND recommend changes for software development programs
- Prepare and review software assurance requirements for inclusion in project technical specifications, statements of work, and contract provisions.
- Stay informed on current security trends, advisories and research that is relevant to Mission Command systems.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- An active DoD Secret clearance and ability to maintain clearance required.
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, Engineering or similar) and at least 3 years of experience OR an Associates Degree and at least 7 years of experience OR no degree and at least 9 years of experience.
- The position requires DoDI 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level II certification upon hire.
- Experience finding and exploiting vulnerabilities
- Web applications
- Windows/Linux environments
- Ability to automate tasks by writing basic scripts and programs.
- Experience with applying NIST RMF to conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems and identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Operating Systems and components: LINUX, WINDOWS, and Active Directory.
- Database: POSTGRES, SQL.
- Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure.
- Automation technologies: Ansible, Terraform, etc.
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 60 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.