|Published||March 9, 2023|
We are seeking a Cybersecurity Intern who will help utilities secure the electric grid, advance grid security research and knowledge by helping design and develop a smart grid cybersecurity lab. This is a great opportunity for students interested in Technology & Cybersecurity to gain real world experience.
This role will be based in our new corporate headquarters in Marlborough, MA reporting to the Director of Technology & Cybersecurity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Assist the Cyber Security team with patch management responsibilities, incident response efforts and other projects
* Research and suggest measures to improve Information Security related procedures, operations, processes, and systems, specific to information security concerns throughout our business unit
* Review and understand compliance regulations, such as NERC CIP and IEC 62443.
* Support and conduct security assessments of systems, web applications and third-party vendors.
* Stay up-to-date on the latest security threats and trends
* Security lab support for product setup and scan execution
* Develop and implement lab designs, which influences work performed by the security team.
* Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, or other security related degree programs
* Strong academic performance preferred
* Ability to work individually and part of a team
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* A high level of personal integrity with the ability to handle confidential matters
* Passion for cybersecurity and information systems
* Motivated to deliver high quality results
* Ability to adapt & respond quickly to change
* Action and result oriented
* Eager for new challenges and business environments
* Eagerness to learn with a general understanding and interest in a career in cyber security, incident response, and technology practices
* Basic understanding of security fundamentals and common vulnerabilities (e.g., OWASP Top Ten and SANS Top 25)
* An understanding of basic security concepts and practices
* Sound understanding of incident categories, responses, and timelines.
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
* Effective written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to present findings and recommendations to peers, coworkers, and customers.
* Are self-driven and motivated to work in a results-driven agile environment.
* A self-starter who is eager to expand their skills and knowledge.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (Not Required):
* Penetration Testing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Reliable and Dependable
* Take pride in their work
* Detail Oriented
* Work individually and part of a team
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to stand, sit, use computers, read, write, type, use copy machines, file paperwork, use telephones, and utilize written and oral communication to interact with clients, co-workers and customers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job. Must be capable of lifting 30 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with our without reasonable accommodation, can perform the "essential functions" of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for his/her expertise in performing the function, or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.