|Published||January 19, 2023|
Hi, I'm Rachael Held, looking for a Summer 2023 Cybersecurity Intern.
Who Am I?
I am the Security Operations Manager leading the daily security tasks, advising, and directing on new projects, and Incident Response lead. The head over achiever dedicated to keeping Carpenter systems and people safe from cyber-attack.
What Do We Do?
Business Unit: Cybersecurity
We focus on the day-to-day monitoring and responding to cybersecurity threats to the business and advance new projects that improve the cybersecurity posture of Carpenter Technology.
* Improving Identity and Access Management.
* Cloud Security and Architecture.
* Digital Data Infrastructure and Information Security.
* Continuous Security Operations Improvement.
Your Role as an Intern
You will be a part of a dynamic team, supporting the following tasks:
* IAM Redesign and Deployment
* Assist in the creation of policies and procedures governing identity access and lifecycle for the organization.
* Assist in data analysis to streamline implementation of IAM systems.
* Assist in UAR duties and produce metrics for Audit and Cybersecurity.
* Data Classification
* Assist in the automation of data classification and control for the organization.
* Produce metrics and collaborate with stakeholders to improve automation around Data Loss Prevention.
* Security Operations
* Participate in day-to-day security operations.
* Learn and use our tools, process, and procedures to protect the organization from cyber-attacks.
* Collaborate with law enforcement and intelligence sources.
* Assist in enhancing the automation of security tools and operations.
* Produce metrics for management decisions and to demonstrate trends for areas of improvement.
Our Value Proposition
This position will allow you to develop and build expertise in the following core skills:
* Adaptability - You will track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success, while working in a fast-paced business environment.
* Problem Solving - Develop your critical thinking and analytical skills to monitor and respond to cybersecurity threats and improve the cybersecurity posture of the business
* Active Learner - Ability and appetite to learn quickly is critical as you expand your knowledge and build your skill sets.
* Communication - Create effective verbal and written communications in and across project teams. Organize and present ideas to small and large audiences throughout the organization.
* Collaboration - You will be working with a dynamic team of individuals, requiring strong partnership skills.
What Do We Require?
You must be:
* US Citizen or US Green Card Holder.
* Currently enrolled at Community College or 4-year university studying Cybersecurity with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
* Willing and able to work at our Latrobe, PA, Reading, PA, Raleigh, NC, or Athens, AL location.
* Knowledgeable of Basic Security Concepts, Cybersecurity Frameworks, Networking, System Administration, Digital Identity concepts, and Adversary Tactic, Techniques, and Procedures.
Hourly rates are based on: 1 - Program of study; 2 - Degree type (i.e., Bachelor's, Master's); 3 - Progression in degree (i.e., 1st year, 2nd year, etc.). Interns enrolled in a Cybersecurity-related bachelor's degree program will be paid $18.50 -$23.50 per hour.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.