|November 27, 2022
|New York, NY
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Cyber threats, social media, massive data storage, privacy requirements and continuity of the business as usual require heavy information security measures. As an information security specialist, you will lead the implementation of security solutions for our clients and support the clients in their desire to protect the business. You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex information security needs and contributing toward their business resilience. You will be working with our Advanced Security Centers to access the most sophisticated tools available to fight against cybercrime.
We will support you with career-long training and coaching to develop your skills. As EY is a global leading service provider in this space, you will be working with the best of the best in a collaborative environment. So, whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We currently are seeking a highly motivated Senior Manager to lead multiple client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and lead business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
EY's Cybersecurity practice functions as a center of excellence to assist our National Consulting practices in planning, pursuing, delivering, and managing large, complex full lifecycle initiatives along with providing expertise in leading practices, methods, and resources in the space of Cybersecurity. The Information Protection capability within the Cybersecurity practice is a critical competency that supports our clients across all industry sectors.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager on our Information Protection team, you will oversee multiple teams as they help EY's clients define technical and business requirements for data protection solutions as well as develop business processes and policies related to controlling access to data. You will show demonstrated experience in managing multiple teams and developing data protection strategies as well as implementing solutions to provide data security, privacy, and integrity.
You and your team will implement and advise clients on multiple data protection products and solutions, including
- Enterprise data loss prevention
- Data discovery
- Data classification
- Digital rights management
- Cloud data loss prevention / cloud access security brokers
- File and database encryption
Skills and attributes for success
- Effectively lead and motivate multiple concurrent client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members.
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counseling and mentoring staff, seniors, and managers within the firm.
- Generate new business opportunities and foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Lead large scale engagements and consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk, and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business. Foster relationships with client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems to develop and improve security at procedural and technology levels.
- Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks.
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge.
- Possess in depth business acumen. Remain current on new developments in consulting services capabilities and industry knowledge.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 7-8 years of related work experience in the fields of Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related major
- A minimum of 6+ years of related work experience in developing, implementing, or architecting information security systems with a strong understanding of information security regulatory requirements and compliance issues.
- Knowledge of general security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures, and governance.
- Robust understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell).
- Demonstrated experience in three or more of the following areas:
- Data leakage/content monitoring and filtering
- Secure messaging/email encryption
- Mobile device security
- Disk, file, device, and database encryption
- Key management/Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Data classification and privacy policies
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Logging, monitoring, and security event management
- Secure information storage
- Demonstrated ability to develop new engagement opportunities in the cybersecurity consulting space; and the ability to contribute to the development of client deliverables and technical content.
- Robust understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws.
- Strong existing relationships within the cybersecurity or IT executive ranks (e.g., CIO, CISO, Director of Information Security, SVP and VP of Information Security).
Ideally, you'll also have
- Project management of information security projects including development of project charters and plans; management of project execution and successful implementation of the planned solution
- Experience in process definition, workflow design and process mapping
- Excellent leadership and teaming skills with advanced written and verbal communication skills
- A valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally to meet client needs
What we look for
We're interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for cybersecurity. With your expertise, we'll turn to you to speak up with innovative ideas that could make a lasting difference not only to us - but also to the industry. If you have the confidence in both your presentation and technical abilities to grow into a leading expert here, this is the role for you.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $160,900 to $367,700. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $193,100 to $417,900. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY's Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].