Cybersecurity IC Systems Engineer
|Published||May 2, 2022|
Find your more with Mohawk!
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our people.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Come find your “more” with Mohawk!
What we're looking for:
This position can expect to be responsible for assisting in the evaluation and implementation of network architecture and cyber security services and technologies. The role will be responsible for performing security assessments and delivering new security detection rules to enhance our existing testing capabilities. This role will routinely challenge your technical background and critical thinking. The position will be expected to collaborate with our team’s stakeholders in a fast-paced environment across many technology stacks and services to deliver scalable solutions.
This position is expected to provide advanced technical support for issues that are escalated from the network and systems teams and is the top escalation point for all critical network related issues. Sharing of skills through training, mentoring and knowledge transfers to other network team members is also expected.
What you'll do:
- Lead cross functional project teams (internal and external) of process control, safety, IT, and cybersecurity engineers, etc. to design, implement and test cybersecurity standards, regulatory requirements and technologies, processes/procedures and specs during engineering, construct, and commissioning phases of the project execution
- Conduct moderately complex network architecture & cyber security analysis, product configuration, integration testing and troubleshoot difficult problems
- Create asset lists including software and firmware details in support of Cyber security assessments
- For multiple ongoing projects, provide network and system specification documentation deliverables to address cybersecurity vulnerabilities and the security controls necessary to mitigate the vulnerabilities to an acceptable level of risk.
- Author technical documentation including product configuration/implementation guides, requirements traceability, test plans, test procedures, test reports, and user administration guides
- Lead development of architecture, FAT/SAT procedures for project execution.
- Collaborate with Global Functional Owners to develop Global Cyber Security work processes and procedures.
- Interpret cyber security program policy and support procedure development
- Participate in the development of enterprise architecture by collaborating with our Enterprise Architecture COE
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- OT/ICS cybersecurity relevant accreditations such as ISA/IEC62443, SANS or other internationally recognized certifications are preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Information Technology (IT), Operational Technology (OT), or related field with at least 3 years focused on designing, building and/managing cybersecurity for industrial control systems and networks.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in cross-functional team leadership/ management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of controls systems (SCADA/DCS/PLCs, etc.,), relevant protocols (Modbus TCP, Ethernet/IP, PROFINET, DNP3, IEC61850, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s)
- Working knowledge of key technologies including Firewalls, IDS, Anti-Virus, Vulnerabilities assessments, etc. in the ICS/OT networks
- Demonstrates an understanding of core US-standard telecommunications service technical concepts to include:
- analog, digital/TDM, and IP/SIP-based wire-line voice and data services.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of electrical and telecommunication wiring standards, color codes, and adherence to established IT standards by effectively identifying installation issues and resolving with assigned contractors.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Local and Wide Area IP networking fundamentals, to include: IP network structural characteristics (Layer 1), the physical, electrical, and cooling requirements of installed hardware components, and the fundamentals associated with the design and delivery of wireless Ethernet-based networks. Familiarity with Multicast, Unicast, ICMP snooping.
- Experience in organizing or leading risk assessment exercises will be preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications.
At least one of the following certifications from a nationally recognized organization is preferred but not required.
- IMINS certification
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) or equivalent
- GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA), ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent
- Cisco Security Certification: (CCNP)
- ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Other related technical certifications showing areas of expertise from qualified and reputable vendors and certification agencies
- Additional cybersecurity certifications such as CISM, ISO 27001, NIST800, CSET, etc., will be a plus
What will make you successful:
- Strong understanding of overall business functions and ability to design an IT architecture supporting each function
- Able to mentor coworkers to develop and apply creative solutions to solve problems
- Able to assist Customer to establish and prioritize projects and drive toward accomplishing those priorities
- Able to be a technical skills mentor to team members to help them become proficient in technology and issue resolution
- Innovatively thinks outside the box
- Able to mentor and motivate team; leads others to meet and exceed milestones
- Takes ownership of larger or multiple projects and provides innovative solutions
- Contributes to building and managing relevant portions of project plans, manage time and attention based on what is most important to achieve key objectives
- Team leader capable of brining team together to achieve the common goal
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment, and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers
- Temporary indirect reporting relationships may exist while working as Project lead. May be require to act in senior role, providing task related advise and direction to junior team members
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.