|Date Posted||October 3, 2020|
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Lake County, IL or St. Paul, MN currently has an opportunity for a Manager of Cybersecurity Governance.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Cybersecurity Governance Manager’s primary responsibility is to enhance and lead the Enterprise Cybersecurity IT Governance Program in partnership with the overall Governance, Risk and Compliance management team. Responsibilities require leadership and project management experience, as well as expertise to ensure effective system-wide security analysis; controls effectiveness; risk assessment; awareness and education; and development of policies, standards and guidelines.
- Implement and manage Cybersecurity Policy Framework.
- Review and update Abbott IT policies and standards regularly.
- Partner with other Cybersecurity leaders to provide guidance & interpretation of policy requirements.
- Govern and maintain the Abbott IT Controls Framework to include mapping to policies and authoritative sources in Archer GRC tool.
- Enhance and oversee the Abbott Expectation Process to include monitoring, tracking and reporting of risk introduced by policy exceptions.
- Oversee Risk Management Exception Escalation meetings with Cybersecurity Leadership.
- Develop and report metrics of open policy exceptions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or equivalent plus 8+ years of related work experience with IT Risk Management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to organize work in a logical, thorough and succinct manner.
- Highly self-motivated, goal orientated, and self-directed.
- Strong understanding of risk management principles, regulatory requirements and, industry best practices.
- Good understanding of General IT Controls, and Data Privacy Regulations.
- Experience with implementation and operational use of GRC tool-sets (Governance Risk and Compliance).
- Previous Cyber Risk experience.
- Good understanding of IT systems and controls including: Web systems, e-commerce, data centers, network infrastructure, patching, access controls, databases, CRM, cloud systems etc.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing assignments and ability to effectively prioritize.
- Effective with written and verbal English communications at all levels, providing compliance guidance to project teams, management and business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and innovate in a small team with a fast‐paced environment, balancing both strategic and tactical needs.
- Previous auditor experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with on-boarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.