|December 4, 2023
Adjunct - Cybersecurity Graduate
College of Science and Engineering
Type of Position
Reports to: Associate Provost Online & Digital Learning of Houston Christian University
Job Status: Exempt
The College of Science and Engineering at Houston Christian University seeks applicants for adjunct faculty positions in Cybersecurity who are passionate about teaching and student learning in a Christian environment. Positions are open Fall 2023. Adjunct faculty will be working with HCU Pampell online division as well as faculty in the College of Science and Engineering in the development and delivering of graduate level courses in the field of cybersecurity.
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a course-by-course basis, contingent upon the needs of the University. HCU accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand.
- Teaching graduate level courses in the field of cybersecurity through an interactive and online environment.
- Participate in course development and review as needed and recommend changes to courses and curriculum design.
- Manage an online classroom environment and assist in creating an effective Christian learning environment.
- Motivate students to learn and grow in their knowledge and skills associated with cybersecurity within a Christian environment.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Doctoral degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in a related discipline and teaching experience aligned with the discipline.
- Preferred industry work experience in the related discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.