|Date Posted||November 11, 2020|
If you are a Cybersecurity Engineering professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Pittsburgh, PA location, you will perform a variety of basic cybersecurity engineering functions related to the installation, service, and maintenance of company products to meet customers' requirements and environment. The majority of time will be spent at Power Plants throughout the US & Canada installing, configuring & maintaining cybersecurity solutions on Distributed Control Systems.
AS CYBERSECURITY FIELD ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Analyze and solve engineering problems associated with the installation, start-up, and operation of relatively complex cybersecurity systems, as well as, basic components related to DCS control systems.
- Assist, as part of an engineering team, in carrying out engineering assignments involving technology outside of normal area of expertise.
- Direct efforts of customer personnel engaged in the installation of cybersecurity systems, subsystems, equipment or their routine modification, maintenance, and repair.
- Requisition necessary equipment and supplies to accomplish assigned projects. Occasionally make minor purchases of these items when required.
- Provide direct engineering advisory assistance to the customer, and liaison within the company, on issues dealing with the equipment or related matters.
- Assist in development of maintenance and/or service contracts with the customer after appropriate company approval.
- Responsible for assistance in settling warranty claims within the scope of equipment serviced. Obtain company management concurrence when required.
- Provide information for and assist in preparation of quotation estimates and technical proposals for small system sales and upgrades.
- Perform a variety of related functions such as: site instruction of customer personnel; writing and modifying maintenance procedures; quality control tests and/or product evaluation; provide complete and timely reports on all activities with emphasis on defining problems encountered, services rendered, and customer reaction to the supplied product and services.
- Develop and maintain good customer relations.
WHO YOU ARE:
You build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations. You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times. You effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- A minimum of 3 years experience in job related field activities
- Required travel up to 80%
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.