|Date Posted||March 24, 2021|
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
The Business & Computer Systems Division is seeking an outstanding faculty member to teach and deliver lectures in Cybersecurity and prepare and assist students with hands on work in the Cyber Labs. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to develop and deliver additional course materials at the associate degree level as needed to keep pace with the fast-growing nature of technology.
The candidate will also work with an interdisciplinary team of faculty teaching Cybersecurity, CISCO, Linux, Computer Science, Cloud Computing and Cloud Security, supporting the success and growth of the Cyber Technology courses and programs. Other responsibilities of the candidate include, but are not limited to designing, developing and assessing courseware in curriculum areas. In addition, serving on departmental and college committees and taking a role as an academic advisor and mentor are part of the position responsibilities.
- Teaching Cybersecurity and Cloud security, including hands on work in the Cyber Labs
- Development and delivery of course materials on the College Learning Management System (LMS)
- Participation in departmental and college committees
- Working with HCC's partners or institutions in the Cyber area
- Serving as an academic advisor and mentor
- Discipline coordination including hiring and support of adjunct faculty in their teaching and development, management of course scheduling and curriculum
- A full list of faculty responsibilities can be found at www.howardcc.edu/about-us/policies-procedures/chapter-10/10.01.02-Faculty-Responsibilities.html