Cybersecurity Engineer, Sr.
|Published||March 16, 2023|
Cybersecurity Engineer, Sr.
Department(s): ITS - Cyber Security
Reports to: Cybersecurity Manager
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: Q - $130,000 - $202,400
About CalOptima Health
CalOptima Health is the single largest health plan in Orange County, serving one in four residents. Our motto — "Better. Together.” — is at the heart of our mission to serve members with excellence, dignity and respect. We are a public agency made up of compassionate leaders and professionals working together to strengthen our community's health. We are continuing to build a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion within our community where employees have a sense of belonging, and are valued for their ideas, contributions, and their unique individual perspectives they bring. CalOptima Health has been recognized as one of Orange County's best places to work, so we know there is something special about our organization. It is why people choose to work here and why they choose to stay!
About the Position
Under the direction of the Cybersecurity Manager, the Cybersecurity Engineer, Sr is responsible for protecting system boundaries and assuring computer systems and network devices are hardened against attacks, while ensuring the security of highly sensitive data. The incumbent will focus on engineering, implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of information technology systems, networks and other information assets. The incumbent will display expertise with industry standard operating systems, software systems, hardware and network configurations. The Cybersecurity Engineer Sr will collaborate with various departments including infrastructure architecture, application support and development and address technical issues related to cybersecurity.
- Participates in a mission driven culture of high-quality performance, with a member focus on customer service, consistency, dignity and accountability.
- Assists the team in carrying out department responsibilities and collaborates with others to support short and long-term goals/priorities for the department.
- Leads the design, implementation, maintenance and operations of security products and procedures to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Analyzes, plans, documents, implements and monitors security measures for the protection of computer systems, information, and networks both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Executes the strategic vision for security architecture regarding on-site and cloud-based software and infrastructure, including standards and frameworks.
- Ensures alignment and a complete understanding of the enterprise's technology and information systems by working with the various Information Technology Services (ITS) teams and other stakeholders throughout the enterprise.
- Works with leaders to review business context for solutions to enterprise challenges and recommends potential solutions.
- Evaluates network and security technologies and develops security requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), zero-trust network architecture (ZTNA), routers, firewalls and related security network devices.
- Ensures systems and applications are designed and implemented with proper security controls to meet regulatory and organizational requirements.
- Participates in incident response by providing expert knowledge on security incidents and mitigation strategies.
- Collaborates with third parties to evaluate solutions, respond to security events and better understand the threat landscape.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Completes other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Technology, Business Management or related field required.
- 15 years of experience in performing cybersecurity engineering and architecture related activities required.
- One or more industry certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Global Information Assurance Certification (GAIC), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Ethical Hacker (EC-EH) or Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (EC-CHFI) required.
- Demonstrated experience in performing detailed assessments and/or implementations of modern information security technologies such as firewalls, virtual private networks (VPN), intrusion detection systems (IDS), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), endpoint security solutions, servers and other infrastructure solutions (security information and event management (SIEM), federated authentication and authorization, anomaly detection systems, identity and access management and public and private cloud technologies) required.
- Proven experience designing, managing and monitoring in one or more of the following areas: Identity and Access Management, Threat Intelligence or Data Loss Prevention required.
- Experience with Cloud Services like Azure, AWS and GCC required.
- Strong understanding of security frameworks including National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Center for Internet Security (CIS) required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position such as those listed above is also qualifying.
- Experience with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations and compliance.
About our Benefits & Wellness options:
At CalOptima Health, we know that a healthy and happy workforce is a thriving workforce, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including participation in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), low-cost medical/vision/dental insurance options, and paid time off. To support quality work-life balance, we allow flexible scheduling during core business hours, telework options for some positions, work schedules that allow every other Monday or Friday off (9/80 schedule), and a wellness program featuring diverse activities. Additionally, CalOptima Health contributes 4% of pensionable earnings to a 401(a) retirement program with no required employee contribution. Employees also have access to 457(b) retirement plans with pre/post-tax contribution options.
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability.
Job Location: Orange, California
To apply, visit jobs.silkroad.com/CalOptima/Careers/jobs/4142
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency