|Location||San Antonio, TX|
|Date Posted||July 9, 2019|
The Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the design of business solutions meets security and compliance mandates. You will partner with stakeholders across the organization to securely achieve the functional requirements of business initiatives and be the technical authority on information security architecture within the company. Under general direction, responsible for all activities relating to information assurance procedures and systems. Develops information systems assurance programs and control guidelines. Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures and resolving technical problems, priorities, and methods. Consults with and advises other sections regarding internal controls and security procedures. Prepares activity and progress reports relating to the information systems audit function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the rigorous application of cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all Information Technology (IT) and cybersecurity services
- Establish a strategic security architecture vision, including standards and frameworks that are aligned with overall business strategy
- Develops and designs security solutions to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information throughout the enterprise
- Identifies, plans, and documents improvements to security controls currently in place
- Develops and documents recommendations and courses of action (COAs) to solve complex cybersecurity problems
- Develops and interprets cybersecurity requirements as part of the IT acquisition development process and assists in the formulation of cybersecurity/IT budgets
- Plans and schedules the installation of new or modified security hardware, operating systems, and software applications
- Ensures the assessment and implementation of identified computer and network environment fixes such as system patches and fixes associated with specific technical vulnerabilities as part of the Cybersecurity Vulnerability Management program
- Guides the implementation of appropriate operational structures and processes to ensure an effective cybersecurity program, including boundary defense, incident detection, and response
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 10+ years of experience using different Information Assurance (IA) disciplines
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, or related discipline preferred. Relevant work experience and training may be considered in lieu of a degree, like Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Crediting Combinations of Education and Experience standard
- Must possess a thorough understanding and ability to apply immediate concepts of cyber engineering and cybersecurity
- Active TS/ SCI government clearance or SCI eligible
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II requirements (Security+ ce; CCNA-Security, SSCP, GSEC)
- IAM Level III Certifications (CISSP, CISM, or GSLC) preferred
- Experience with RMF, CNSSI 1253, NIST SP 800-53, ICD 503
- Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC)
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
Position requires a Top-Secret/SCI clearance
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.