|Published||June 1, 2023|
Security Engineer - Must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance with eligibility to upgrade to TS/SCI.
Junior to mid-level cyber security engineer; responsible for maintaining and building security tools, primarily Tier 3 troubleshooting and engineering for various products to be determined. This is a remote position.
• 3+ years of work experience in Cybersecurity and IT.
• Linux experience or knowledge a must have – CentOS/RHEL preferred.
• Experience administering/troubleshooting/building Linux servers required.
• Able to manage daily operations and administration of servers and software in an enterprise while following change management guidance and policy.
• Familiarity or experience with cloud environments (AWS/Azure) preferred but not required.
• Familiarity with Splunk (SIEM) and Swimlane (SOAR) desired but not required.
• Strong background in IT in general, security engineering specifically.
• Demonstrated understanding of Cybersecurity practices
• Ability and willingness to learn new products and tools.
• Ability and willingness to work and communicate in a team setting, take direction from multiple sources and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Work with other teams and team members in order to coordinate projects, security tool maintenance, buildout, and troubleshooting as needed
• Familiarity with project maintenance, to include documentation, coordination, and handoff of project artifacts to key personnel.
• Eagerness to work on new tasks, learn a new environment, and absorb knowledge as needed.
- Bachelors Degree or 3-5 years experience with developing/integrating cybersecurity designs for systems and networks
- Experience with documenting and addressing organizational information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements
- Experience with developing system security context, a preliminary system security CONOPS, and define baseline system security requirements in accordance with applicable cybersecurity requirements
- Experience with documenting the protection needs (i.e. security controls) for information system(s) and network(s)
- Ability to perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan
- Ability to develop a system security context, a preliminary system security CONOPS, and define baseline system security requirements in accordance with applicable cybersecurity requirements
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools to include those supporting operation system, web application, database assessments,
- Skill in translating operational requirements into protection needs (i.e. security controls)
- Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) work experience
- Hands on experience with Windows/Linux operations to include configuration, maintenance, and management
Certifications - must have at least one of the following: CISSP, CCSP, CCNA,CISSP-ISSAP,CISSP-ISSEP, GIAC, SSCP, Security+
Powered by JazzHR