|Date Posted||January 30, 2021|
Job Number: R0098949
CyberSecurity Engineer, Junior
Warnings about cyber threats are everywhere, and the continually evolving nature of these threats can make understanding them to seem overwhelming. In all of this “cyber noise,” how can these organizations understand their risks and how to mitigate them? The answer is you – build your knowledge as an information security risk specialist who knows how to break down complex threats into manageable action plans.
Work as a cybersecurity thought leader supporting a warfare system cybersecurity accreditation. You will use computer configuration, test, and documentation needed to obtain the Authority to Operate. Additionally, you will perform hands-on tests that verify the integrity of the implementation. Work with computer systems embedded in military hardware as well as commercial IT equipment. Collaborate with different teams and projects and grow in your expertise. Join us as we secure Air Force systems and protect our military infrastructure. This position will require travel within the US up to 20% of the time.
Empower change with us.
- 1+ years of experience with DoD cybersecurity and the NIST Risk Management Framework
- Experience with complex IT systems, including operating systems and networks
- Experience with performing security scans and system monitoring
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- DoD 8570.01 IAT II Certification, including GICSP, GSEC, or Security+ CE
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with the development or testing of embedded computer systems
- Experience with AWS or Azure
- Experience with Agile teams
- Experience with Software Development and System administration
- Knowledge of cloud security fundamentals or cyber threats for cloud and DevOps principles
- Ability to leverage expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
- DoD 8570.01 Certification IAT III/III such as CISSP
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with the University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.