|Location||Schriever Air Force Base, CO|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2019|
Description of Duties:
The Cyber Security Engineer supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Support the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)/Department of Defense (DoD) Risk Management Framework (RMF) process in all its phases.
- Apply system security engineering principles to provide realistic solutions designed to enhance security posture of STaRS infrastructure.
- Identify threats and develop appropriate protection measures, review system changes for security implications and recommend improvements, research and draft Cybersecurity policy and procedure information in accordance with NIST and DoD RMF and additional DoD and organizational guidance.
- Provide top tier support to the Cybersecurity operations staff for resolving complex Cybersecurity issues, including but not limited to MacAfee Host-Based Security System (HBSS) and Multifactor/Public Key Infrastructure (MFA/PKI) implementation support, DoD Cyber Tasking Orders (CTOs), auditing, and incident response.
- Utilize Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and related tools to discover system vulnerabilities to develop and maintain a system-level Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) via the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
The successful candidate will be able to evaluate different network and enclave configurations with respect to Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), NIST 800-53 Security Controls and ISO/IEC 15408 Common Criteria to formulate and implement effective RMF accreditation packages, and be accountable for quality work products.
This position is located at Schriever AFB, Colorado.
This position will be posted for three days ending on June 24, 2019. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is found or the position is closed.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 16 years of general experience; Associates degree and 14 years of general experience; Bachelors degree and 12 years of general experience; Masters degree and 10 years of general experience.
- General experience 8 years must be directly related experience and 5 years in management or leadership roles.
- Must be able to prioritize and execute tasks and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong writing skills to produce coherent and concise documentation required for certification evaluation.
- Ability to create and work within schedules and timelines.
- Must hold an active DoD Security Clearance of Secret or higher and
- Must hold an 8570 IA Workforce Improvement Program IAM Level I Approved Baseline Certification (i.e. CAP, GSLC, and Security ).
- Masters degree in an Engineering or IT technical field.
- Active DoD Security Clearance of Top Secret or TS/SCI
- 8570 IA Workforce IAM Level II Approved Baseline Certification (Current certifications that fall into this category are: CAP, GSLC, CISM, CASP CE, Associate CISSP, and CISSP).
- Working knowledge of Linux Red Hat and Microsoft operating systems.
- Understanding of boundary protection devices, including firewalls and IPS devices and their relationship to network topologies.
- Understanding of project management basics.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>