|Published||June 1, 2023|
At Dobbs Defense, we deliver mission-centric IT, Cyber, and data analytics solutions for our government and commercial clients through the convergence of automation, innovation, training, and education. Delivering high-quality IT, cybersecurity, and data analytics solutions through proven and innovative methods is our vision.
Dobbs Defense Solutions is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer II to join our team to work closely with the stakeholders to ensure that cyber security projects meet objectives across our organization. They are responsible for various tasks, including process re-engineering and documentation of activities related to this area.
A Cyber Security Specialist's responsibilities include using their skills to detect insecure features and malicious activities within our networks and infrastructure. They will implement customized application security assessments for client-based asset risk, corporate policy compliance as well as conduct vulnerability assessment. They should have an advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
The specialist's focus is not only limited to assessing whether vulnerabilities exist but also how those risks could be mitigated which can help provide organizations with more confidence about system stability going forward.
Ultimately, you will work to ensure the security of our business information, employee data and client information throughout our entire network.
- Possesses an in-depth understanding and the ability to apply intermediate concepts of cyber engineering and cybersecurity
- Maintains in-depth knowledge and understanding of the DOD cybersecurity policies and the Risk Management Framework
- With no guidance, conducts cybersecurity engineering research and analysis, provides recommendations for the implementation of security mechanisms, and provides advise or counsel on recommended cybersecurity practices and requirements
- Contributes substantive content to the development of cybersecurity documentation, concept papers, and test plans required by Command policies and the Risk Management Framework
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge and understanding of DOD and/or Intelligence Community (IC) engineering efforts, across multiple engineering disciplines
- With no guidance, evaluates functional operation and performance. Based on test results and inspections, makes recommendations regarding C&A.
- Liaises between the operators, the developers and the system engineers; ensures compliance with DoD and NIST requirements
- Assesses infrastructure requests; provides recommendations and guidance on development
Required education and experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience with cybersecurity or information assurance
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAM Level II Certification
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Desired knowledge and understanding of Cyber Mission Force construct and operational requirements
- TS/SCI with current Polygraph
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dobbs Defense Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), gender expression and transgender status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital or domestic partner status, genetic information, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.