|Published||January 19, 2022|
ECS is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer - IDS & IPS to work remotely. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Cybersecurity Engineer will be responsible for leading IDS/IPS engineering solutions for a Fortune 25 customer. You will lead the deployment, configuration, maintain and tune of intrusion detection and/or prevention systems (IDS/IPS).
- 2+ years of Experience with FireEye NX (Network Security) architecture and deployment
- 3+ years of Experience as a Cybersecurity Engineer
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of IT networks: IP subnetting, VLANs, understanding the OSI model
- Prior job experience maintaining and troubleshooting IDS/IPS devices
- Knowledge of networking and network protocols
- Ability to write clear procedural and technical documentation
- Travel as needed to support IDS/IPS installation in corporate environment.
- Experience with the deployment, configuration, maintain and tune of intrusion detection and/or prevention systems (IDS/IPS).
- Experience with moving hardware appliances from IDS to IPS mode.
- How to perform SSL decryption using hardware-based appliances
- 5+ years of network engineering experience.
- Experience with scripting languages such as BASH, Python, and/or Powershell.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in cybersecurity operations, cybersecurity engineering, systems engineering and Linux systems administration.
- Develop documentations, e.g. standard operating procedures (SOP), and support audit events
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.