|Location||Fort Worth, TX|
|Date Posted||March 21, 2020|
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications.
The Embedded Cybersecurity Engineer is responsible for the integration of cybersecurity requirements into the full system lifecycle of Elbit Systems of America's products. The candidate shall be experienced in developing Risk Management Framework (RMF) artifacts and shall understand system categorization and deduce NIST, DoD, CNSSI and NSTSSM regulations into product cybersecurity requirements. The candidate shall provide guidance for NIST 800-53 and CNSSI 1253 security controls, security hardening of products, derive and manage security requirements, risk management, technical planning, threat and vulnerability assessments, systems level design, systems integration, verification and validation including security testing and evaluation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for the total systems.
- Be a part of a program cybersecurity risk mitigation effort using the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Evaluates new and existing embedded systems and architects the software, firmware, and hardware requirements from a system engineering perspective
- Participates in development efforts to ensure cybersecurity controls are integrated to meet platform security posture and the Department of Defense (DoD) Authorizing Officials program requirements
- Participates in the formal Security Test and Evaluation process required by each government acceptance and approval authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports
- Performs product security reviews with the ability to communicate issues and risks in business terms and make recommendations that balance risk/reward tradeoffs
- Recommends embedded cybersecurity defense and countermeasures for avionics product designs
- Researches, evaluates, and assesses emerging embedded cyber security threats and technologies
- Evaluates and tests new cybersecurity tools and capabilities
- Analyzes static and dynamic source code scans to achieve Software Assurance (SwA) goals
- Suggests and implements new tools and efficiency improvements for development of secure software
Experience / Skills needed:
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Strong knowledge of embedded system security architectures and engineering approaches to building system security solutions
- Full system engineering lifecycle experience, requirements analysis and mapping, testing, implementation, and validation.
- Experience with Department of Defense, Government Certification and Authorizing Officials or federal customer base will be a definite advantage
- A technical background in guiding policy makers and interpreting existing policy in accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) objectives is preferred.
Apply for this job online
Make a referral
Share on your newsfeed
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Elbit Systems of America to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels based solely upon job-related qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetics or citizenship status.
Elbit Systems of America is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disabilities
Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
ACCESSIBILITYElbit Systems of America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], call 1-682-286-2000 or fax 1-817-306-6797.