|Date Posted||January 12, 2022|
Leidos is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer- Entry Level in Bethesda, MD.
Leidos Leidos is working closely with the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, to develop highly sophisticated, large-scale system of systems trainers and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines. Leidos is seeking an entry level Cybersecurity Engineer to develop complex cybersecurity solutions for the trainers and their development environments.
Cybersecurity Engineers are responsible for providing cybersecurity engineering services for classified and unclassified networks of computer systems running the Windows and Linux Operating Systems. This position will provide cybersecurity engineering support for: 1) local area development networks (both Windows and Linux) at both a Leidos facility and a government facility, and 2) local area networks that tie together the computing nodes of the trainers. This position performs the following tasks:
• Assist with maintaining a strong cybersecurity posture
• Assist in developing new policies, design processes, and procedures, and develop technical designs to secure the development environment and trainer systems
• Assess system vulnerabilities, implement risk mitigation strategies, validate secure systems, and test security products and systems to detect security weakness
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 5% of the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical degree
- Candidate must be 8570.1-M / DoD 8140 compliant with certifications of A+ CE (or better)
- Must have previous cybersecurity work experience if degree is not cybersecurity
- Must have experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Position requires US citizenship and ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance prior to starting
- Experience with Atlassian Products, such as JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Experience with Windows administration, specifically Windows 10, DISA SHB, and Windows Server 2012
- Experience with Linux system administration