|Date Posted||November 13, 2021|
ECS is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer - Endpoint Engineer II to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
As a leading provider of managed cybersecurity services, ECS provides a highly tailored and customized offering to each customer. Our team is responsible for protecting both our customers and corporate environment at ECS. Our mission is very broad and our team is agile. We will look toward your unique skills to approach and solve problems in your own way. Whether engineering a system to address a technical hurdle, protecting customer data, or consulting on a wide range of security topics. You are empowered to engage and lead across multiple groups.
This role of a Cybersecurity Endpoint Engineer will support ECS's internal Cybersecurity program and Commercial Managed Cybersecurity Service Practice. In this technical, hands-on role you will be responsible for successful operation of a variety of cybersecurity tools. You will also support written technical deliverables for our customers and building new capabilities.
- Hands on configuration, tuning, and operating of several cybersecurity tools from vendors such as McAfee, CrowdStrike and Zscaler.
- Provide administration and operationally support adopted endpoint security technology covering EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) and Next-Gen Anti-virus solution
- Assist with the architectural design of endpoint solutions within internal and customer environments
- Interface daily with deployed solutions to perform checklist analysis of solution functionality, to identify any triggered alarms and to report the status of security related tasks.
- Operate endpoint and network security tools for internal use and customer environments that reside on premises and in the cloud.
- Evaluate new methodologies to deliver Cybersecurity capabilities.
- Understand current cyber exploits, attack methodology, and detection techniques using a wide variety of security products including COTS and open source.
- Support investigations and contribute to large and small-scale cyber breaches.
- Understand and follow proper escalation paths for incidents and/or tasking, as necessary
- Deployment and maintenance of endpoint applications
- Document, maintain, and improve standard operation procedures (SOPs) and processes regarding endpoint management
- Stay current on endpoint security best practices, active threats and mitigation strategies
- Participation in on call rotation as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer related field. In lieu of a bachelor's degree, at least two (2) years of IT security experience is required.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in cybersecurity, cloud and or infrastructure.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience designing and managing endpoints and endpoint management solutions
- Passion for technology, teamwork, overcoming challenges and providing exceptional customer service
- Strong prioritization, problem solving, diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of operating system (OS) internals, the mechanics of OS exploits with preventive and detective controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with trouble ticketing systems such as ITSM/Remedy, Cherwell, ServiceNow, etc
- Experience with CrowdStrike, McAfee and/or Zscaler solutions is highly preferred
- Experience with APIs
- Security +, EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH) certification
- McAfee Product Specialist: ePO/ENS certification
- Excellent documentation skills
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.