|Published||October 30, 2022|
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Cybersecurity Engineer creates solutions in alignment with the Cybersecurity engineering road map, and maintains processes for the delivery of highly complex secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects and regulatory and risk requirements. This Engineer role facilitates process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high velocity culture. Analyzing cyber technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators are key activities this role performs on the road to identifying robust solutions and building resilient next-generation systems that solve business challenges and enhance the control environment.
* Analyzes, designs and develops security solutions with Cybersecurity architects to ensure it is consistent with corporate technology goals and risk tolerance levels. Designs and engineers solutions to align with the Cybersecurity Strategy
* Serves as the subject matter expert for supported security technologies, and act as subject matter expert during escalations
* Validates current and future state architectural models to assess impact across assigned Cybersecurity technology systems. Oversees security requirements and technical specifications to guide project implementation towards successful solution delivery
* Provides direction to infrastructure, operations, data and application developments groups throughout transitioning phase, implementation in production and beyond
* Manages relationships with security partners and vendors. Builds and maintains effective relationships with management, peers, project managers and internal customer
* Maintains knowledge of engineering next-gen designs, security trends, threats and attack techniques
* Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory and legal requirements
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
* Bachelors - Computer Science or related
* 3+ Years - Information Security, Application Security, Security Engineering or related
* Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of competent on the Dreyfus engineering scale
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you're waiting to hear from us, don't forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
#LI-IR1 #Remote #Bi-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very the center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.