|Published||June 1, 2023|
Security Clearance: Must be U.S. Citizen and be eligible and willing to process for United States Government Security Clearance
Description: Braxton-Grant Technologies is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide technical support associated with managing helpdesk requests; assisting with product deployments. Possible duties include but are not limited to:
- Design, implement, and support of Cybersecurity solutions and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and support new IT and Cybersecurity systems, products, and applications.
- Work with the Network and Security Engineering teams to implement customer and internal projects.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to address network and server performance issues.
- Monitor and maintain network, server, and Cybersecurity equipment/systems.
- Assist with vender certification testing.
- Assist with vender product testing.
- Once trained and certified may be called upon to teach vendor product classes.
- Curate and deliver custom training or workshop material to coworkers or customers on areas of knowledge.
- May be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Must be willing to perform on-call duties, on a rotating basis.
- Must be willing to travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations to support customer initiatives, if requested
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information System, or Engineering with significant exposure to computer systems and hardware. Four (4) years of demonstrated relevant experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- 3-5 years of practical experience performing information technology or information security functions.
- Knowledge and experience in troubleshooting computers, networking systems, and software applications.
- Working knowledge of Web Proxy, Firewall, and Security End Point Protection technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of virtual machine technology is a plus.
- Good understanding of HTTP, TCP/IP, WCCP, DNS, SSL, Active Directory, and DHCP
- Experience working within a virtualized server and application environment, such as VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, or similar
- Experience using an API tool for building and using REST APIs, to include altering provided packaged API calls and creating new API calls from scratch.
- Experience retrieving data from a web server using XML or JSON to extract data.
- Passion to design and implement new technology for complex Cybersecurity solutions.
- Network+ and/or Security+ Certification or similar
- General experiences with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Ability to deal with end user problems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
Cybersecurity tools (NMap, Metasploit, etc) is a plus
Software development and scripting skills is a plus
Experience with DLP, Windows Server, Windows 10Pro, Windows 11, Linux, CentOS
Experience with Automic Automation or Okta Workflows.
Exposure to SASE, SSE, ZTNA and ZTA
Experience with databases such as: DB2, MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
Experience using Postman, JMeter, ReadyAPI, ACCELQ, REST-Assured, Swagger.io.