|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||July 25, 2020|
ECS is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer to work in our San Diego, CA office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Security engineer and/or architect providing Security Architecture Support and/or Cloud Security Architecture support services.
- Provides expertise on computer engineering and computer systems analysis
- Participate in development of operational architectures to implement dynamic defense capabilities
- Conduct analysis of systems to identify, assess, and design security features
- Application of common FOSS and COTS tools (e.g. RedHat) for system scanning, exploit detection, etc.
- Cyber and systems security engineering, threat and risk assessment as part of a cyber-maturation process that establishes threat surfaces and mitigations to maximize resiliency and address vulnerabilities
- Support the development of an Enterprise wide Security Architecture and the design of a security model
- Assess network/systems optimizations and vulnerabilities for executive level decisions.
- Analysis of security services (Infrastructure, application, Identity) of existing and planned Cloud infrastructures (IaaS, PaaS)
- Serves as the SME in support of network, loT, IT, and security) planning, cloud security, network design and hosting environment implementation.
- Assist in the security engineering reviews of solutions, projects and programs for operational and developmental systems that are being researched, designed and reviewed
- Provide guidance, program plans, and security engineering and framework support for Software Assurance, Mobile Device Security (Mobility), Remote Access Solutions, and Personal Identity Verification (PIV)
- Provide recommendations and guidance on secure baseline configurations, such as the Defense Information Security FAA (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), and support identification, development, and documentation of deviations from these baseline configurations for all assets, including network devices, desktops, and mobile devices
- Must have a Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from ABET accredited university/technical college in Engineering, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline
- 1 - 15 years of experience in supporting accredited Cyber Security Service Providers, Network Operations Security Centers, Computer Incident Response Teams or National Security Agency certified Cyber Red Teams.
- 1-10 years of technical experience supporting CND analysis, incident response, vulnerability analysis, cyber forensics, cyber threat intelligence, software reverse engineering, malware analysis or penetration testing. Experience can be concurrent.
- Must have at least one active security certification that is compliant with 8570 Categories of CSSP Auditor, CSSP Analyst, CSSP Manager, CSSP Incident Responder, CSSP Infrastructure Support, IASAE I or IASAE II.
- List of eligible certs:
- CASP+ CE, CCISO, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA-Security, CEH, CFR, CHFI, CISA, CISM, CISSP (or Associate), CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSMP, Cloud+, CND, CSSLP, CySA+ **, GCFA, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, GSNA, SCYBER, SSCP
- Experience providing high-level design and architecture drawings, technically validating solutions and connecting business, data, security, systems, and other technical and non-technical architectures
- Experience developing SW/IT solutions to complex technical problems regarding integration and deployment of large-scale systems
- Experience evaluating technical gaps or deficiencies and identifying as obstacles to achieving the organizations vision.
- Experience leading or supporting projects related to IT Architecture, Engineering and Security Operations
- Experience with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Familiarity with open architecture principles and cyber security architecture principles that achieve cybersecurity framework goals
- 8570 IASAE Level II – ¬CISSP certification
- OS certification (MCSE or CCDP equivalent is preferred).
- DoD 8140 Category – CSSP Incident Responder
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.