|Date Posted||September 11, 2019|
Apex Systems has an immediate need for a Cyber Security Engineer with a focus on RMF/NIST, SCAP, and ACAS! This is a contract to hire in Suffolk, VA! if you are interested please send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Cyber Security Engineer – Network Defense
- Develops and implements security controls and formulates operational risk mitigation.
- Understands security issues for distributed architectures, firewalls, data flow, and network access.
- Recommends new security tools and techniques to improve the enterprise security posture.
- Utilizes COTS/GOTS and custom tools to scan, identify, contain, mitigate, and remediate vulnerabilities and intrusions.
- Configures and maintains Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS).
- Generates and reviews authorization package artifacts in accordance with DoD 8510.01 and NIST 800-53R4.
- Supports projects during execution events by: 1) installing and operating cybersecurity tools on event networks, 2) scanning and providing residual risk statements for hosted mission systems, and 3) managing user and device connections.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance
- 8570 compliance – minimum of Security+ certification along with an OS, Security, or Network related certification
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178