|Published||June 3, 2023|
Bowhead seeks a Cybersecurity Engineer to support the NIWC LANT PMES (Program Manager Equipment Support) contract located in Quantico, VA. The Cybersecurity Engineer will provide continuous technical support to the Cybersecurity section's development of program specific artifacts of the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process as defined in Department of Defense Instruction (DODI) 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF)for DOD Information Technology (IT) to include System Security Categorization, Select Security Controls, Implement Security Controls, Assess Security Controls, Authorize System, and Continuous Monitoring.
- Provide technical input and support to the Cybersecurity section's lead for development of Cybersecurity Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E) activities as defined by DODI 5000.02, Enclosure 14, to include Cooperative Vulnerability Identification (CVI), Adversarial Cybersecurity DT&E (ACD), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans, Defense Information Security Agency (DISA)Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and Source Code Review scans.
- Provide recommendations for reconciliation and remediation prioritization activities, subject to approval by Government officials.
- Provide technical input and support to the Cybersecurity section's lead for analysis of new Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), Operational Directions located on the Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR), and DISA STIGs.
- Draft documents, providing comments and edits to documents pertaining to these items, participate in meetings, and provide input.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
- Master's degree in Cybersecurity, Computer, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering, or Mathematics with a concentration in computer science or equivalent; and depending on PWS tasking, individual shall be certified as Information Assurance Management (IAM) or Information Assurance Technical (IAT) or Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level I (position-based) per DoD 8570.1M
- Ten (10) years of notable experience preparing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with cybersecurity policy, to include Assessment and Authorization requirements.
- Experience may include plan, implement, upgrade, and/or monitor cybersecurity measures to improve cyber defense and maintain a cyber-resilient network; assess cybersecurity vulnerabilities for risks and propose and implement remediation actions or risk mitigation strategies; ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and electronic infrastructure; and respond to computer security breaches to re-establish protections and make required reports.
- Individual shall have written and oral communications abilities commensurate with this management role.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend, and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for admission to this location.