|Published||January 21, 2022|
Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a mid level Cybersecurity Engineer, supporting multiple US Navy programs, located in Bethesda MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. You will get to work with state-of-the art technology developing the most sophisticated and “game changing” trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of a brilliant team, in a constant learning environment, on a long running program, performing work that has a major impact, with access to additional pay options. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Cybersecurity Engineers are responsible for providing cybersecurity engineering services for classified and unclassified networks of computer systems running the Windows and Linux Operating Systems. This position will provide cybersecurity engineering support for: 1) local area development networks (both Windows and Linux) at both a Leidos facility and a government facility, and 2) local area networks that tie together the computing nodes of the trainers. This position performs the following tasks:
• Develop creative solutions to complex technical issues and problems
• Assist with maintaining a strong cybersecurity posture
• Assist in developing new policies, design processes, and procedures, and develop technical designs to secure the development environment and trainer systems
• Assess system vulnerabilities, implement risk mitigation strategies, validate secure systems, and test security products and systems to detect security weakness
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 5% of the job.
Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical degree. Candidate must be 8570.1-M / DoD 8140 compliant with certifications of Security+, SSCP, or CISSP as well as Linux+, RHCE, Network+, or CCNA (or better).
• Must have 4+ years of cybersecurity work experience
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Experience with Atlassian Products, such as JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket
• Experience with Windows administration, specifically Windows 10, DISA SHB, and Windows Server 2012
• Experience with Linux system administration