|Date Posted||September 2, 2021|
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Job Profile Summary
This is a first-level Cybersecurity Engineer position responsible for basic to moderate security engineering tasks within the environment. This role will assist in creating and supporting defined procedures for Cybersecurity Threat Management, End-Point Detection Response (EDR) Incident Response, Vulnerability Management, Security Awareness, and other security related initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and Administer the EDR and Anti-malware platform and monitor the installation and ongoing maintenance of endpoint agents
- Monitor and support the Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM) solution
- Maintain and Administer the Vulnerability Management and Scanning platform
- Assist in the creation and implementation of processes and playbooks for remediation of events and security activities for the Security Operations Center
- Maintain and Administer the Security Awareness and Phishing Simulation platform
- Support and assist in the development of Forensic tasks and needs
- Provide Application penetration testing when necessary
- Serve as the second-tier support for the SOC analysts for issues encountered during their shifts
- Be alert and reliable for rotating shift work
- Be able to work independently
- Perform Incident Response support during verified incident
- Be able to coordinate across the business and IT organizations to gather information efficiently and effectively
- Provide proper evidence handling capability in the event of an Incident and follow established protocol and procedure
- B.S. or M.S. in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or a relevant field
- At least 4 years of experience in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or a relevant field OR a combination of education and experience that is deemed sufficient for the assigned tasks.
- Intermediate grasp of the fundamentals of cybersecurity
- Intermediate grasp of the fundamentals of information technology infrastructure
- Intermediate grasp of the fundamentals of networking and network security
- Ability to read, create, and explain a network diagram
- Ability to adapt to a variety of security tools and understand how the tools interact with the greater environment and how to best implement these tools to maximum effect
- Ability to generate reports and brief management on daily status
- Ability to relate vulnerability issues and remediation steps to both technical, non-technical, and leadership audiences
- Desire to look for efficiencies in processes and assist in the execution of recommendations for improvement
- Ability to work independently
- Leadership or supervisory experience
- High understanding of technical terminology and tactics employed by cyber threat actors.
- Ability to understand personal limitations and ask for assistance
- Drive to truly own the work
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 0 to 25% of the time, travel throughout the U.S. and may require overnight stays.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R16349