|Location||Rolling Meadows, IL|
|Date Posted||February 3, 2021|
Cybersecurity Engineer will work with functional leaders on broad technical initiatives around design, implementation, rollout and monitoring of enterprise systems in support of client's global cybersecurity roadmap. Assist the Director of IT Infrastructure and Security in driving secure architecture, design and development efforts. Provide mentoring of System Administrators, Security Engineers/Analysts in security-related topics.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience implementing technology, policies, and controls or worked as an internal auditor to comply with security frameworks such as SOC 2 or ISO 27001.
- Develop and maintain a global IT security strategy, framework and roadmap.
- Articulate security frameworks (i.e. SOC 2, ISO 27001, NIST CSF, etc) and its relevancy to risk management and impact to IT policies and procedures.
- Partner with the Development and Data Analytics teams to drive the design, build, implementation and compliance monitoring of security controls for enterprise infrastructure and applications for on-premise and cloud architecture in support of security framework initiatives.
- Help with enterprise network security architecture and design.
- Experience working with security of data center and cloud-hosted enterprise infrastructure and applications.
- Work with 3rd party gap assessments, identify and recommend mitigation for security gaps in existing and proposed architectures.
- Manages relationships with security partners, vendors, and auditors.
- Coordinate with functional and departmental leaders to ensure changes required by new and upcoming applicable security frameworks and cybersecurity risks are considered when building departmental budgets and plans.
- Maintain an understanding of and keeping current on policies, procedures, standards, and supporting technologies, and educating staff accordingly, to effectively identify potential cybersecurity risks and alternatives to mitigate cybersecurity risk exposure leveraging security best practices and technology.
- Configuring and managing next-gen security hardware (i.e. firewalls, anti-virus, anti-malware, etc) SIEM, and other security solutions.
- Participating in the security incident process.
5+ years' experience in operational, maintenance, monitoring, and development of company LAN/WLAN/WAN, including server hardware, operating systems and network administration tools.
5+ years' experience networking, Windows, web servers, virtualization, cloud computing, capacity planning, security, and problem solving.
5+ years' experience with Microsoft servers and desktop environments, including Windows Server and Active Directory/Azure Active Directory.
2+ years' experience with networking hardware (i.e. firewalls, switches, IDS/IPS).
Experience and knowledge in cybersecurity frameworks.
SOC 2, or ISO 27001