|Published||November 23, 2022|
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane and Thermo King, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
This is a Remote position
Cybersecurity Domain Architect- Cloud Security
At Trane Technologies we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands-including Thermo King, Trane,and American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.tranetechnologies.com.
Trane Technologies is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Cybersecurity Domain Architect -Cloud Security will lead the development and governance of cybersecurity architectures, security and implementations focused on cloud security for the enterprise including multi-cloud Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS), Platform as a Service(PaaS), and Software as a Service(SaaS), supporting our corporate and Operational Technology(OT) environments. This position will directly contribute to the enterprise cybersecurity vision, strategy and execution with a specialized focus on cloud security.
The Cybersecurity Domain Architect- Cloud Security will serve as a central point of contact for our Information technology and Strategic Business Units for all matters related to cloud security including cloud security architectures, security governance over cloud projects, cloud network security and support to application development and security operations. The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with leaders across the business, identify opportunities/risks, and develop/deliver solutions that enable business strategies while aligning to organizations cybersecurity vision of the future.
* Develop a holistic understanding of a company's technology and information systems
* Applies a risk-based approach to appropriately design business enabling security solutions for cloud capabilities
* Design, build, and oversee implementation of enterprise-class security solutions across multi-cloud environments
* Align organizational security strategy and infrastructure with overall business and technology strategy
* Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
* Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
* Plan, research, and design robust security architectures for various IT projects in or connected to the cloud
* Perform or supervise risk analyses, governance development and security assessments
* Create solutions that enable business requirements within cybersecurity requirements
* Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
* Develop and provide governance for the cybersecurity of the Trane technology infrastructure Cloud environments (IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS), and integrate/coordinate with the governance of Operational Technology, Network security, Application security and Endpoint security
* Communicate vital information, security needs and priorities to senior management
* Represents Digital Risk and cybersecurity within the Enterprise and Information Technology group including infrastructure teams and the broader enterprise architecture organization.
* Drives knowledge sharing and increased security awareness across the organization
* The ability to think like a malicious actor anticipating and defending Trane Technologies against information security risks
* The ability to think like a business executive, manage security team members and communicate effectively with key stakeholders
* The experience and technical expertise to build security infrastructure from scratch or update existing systems in response to ongoing changes in the security landscape, including new risks and adherence to applicable regulations
* Familiarity with common regulatory and industry security requirements and frameworks
* Results-oriented, with demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* Actively engaged in the security industry to maintain relevant knowledge of best practices, tactics, strategies and technologies.
* Strong cloud background and experience across the operational technology, infrastructure, engineering, and application development domains.
* Experience with development and administration of governance processes and oversight of security functions for the cloud and other domains
* Must have knowledge and experience across a multi-cloud environment supporting the likes of AWS, AZURE, GCP and others
* College degree or equivalent and 10 combined years related work experience.
* 7+ years in multiple IT disciplines with at least 3 years in IT Security.
* Experience in multiple IT domains (mobile, desktop, server, network, identity, cloud, etc…)
* Working knowledge of common authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, SAML, etc).
* Ability to quickly understand and digest business requirements, architecture diagrams and technical product documentation to develop security guidelines and requirements.
* Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
* Experience writing accurate technical documentation such as procedures, guides and knowledge articles to ensure tribal knowledge is readily available.
* CISSP (ISSAP, ISSEP), CISM, CISA a plus
* A background in systems or network administration/engineering/architecture a plus
Base Compensation Range is $102,000 to $211,500
Disclaimer: This base salary range is based on US national averages. Actual base pay could be a result of seniority, merit, geographic location where the work is performed
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.