|Date Posted||September 18, 2021|
If you are a cybersecurity or design engineering professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Pittsburgh, PA location, you are part of a team that supports and enhances the design and delivery of Emerson's Cybersecurity products and services through installation, service, maintenance, training, acceptance, and logistics to meet and exceed customer requirements.
AS THE CYBERSECURITY DESIGN ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Join a growing team focused on fighting high stake threats to our customers’ control systems. Our Power and Water Cybersecurity Suite (PWCS) secures the world's most critical infrastructure assets.
- Utilize your highly specialized engineering knowledge and skills in an advisory/ technical assistant role to PWS engineers and management.
- Assist in the professional development and deployment of our greatest assets- cybersecurity field engineers.
- Collaborate with management on the assessment of individual contributor skills, recommend actions to addresses deficits in training or experience.
- Participate fully in the identification of new cybersecurity talent in the department. This includes but is not limited to resume reviews, preliminary skills assessments, panel interviews and final selection activities.
- Be responsible for projects that will require advanced and customized cybersecurity solutions aimed at addressing complicated customer requirements.
- Collaborate with the Research and Development (R&D) efforts for anticipated cybersecurity threats in the general market and specific customer concerns. Support the integration of any new technology into our suite of services.
- Leverage knowledge of the industry, personal experience, new technology and best practices to proactively design new solutions that address future risks and challenges to critical infrastructure.
- Improve the methods in which we deliver cybersecurity projects and solutions, challenge the status quo!
WHO YOU ARE:
You serve as a strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain profitable and long-lasting relationships with key accounts. You scan the environment for new technical skills, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit business or personal performance and you get the most out of available resources and secure rare resources others can’t get.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, cybersecurity or equivalent combination of technical education (Associate’s degree) and related experience required.
- Six (6) years’ experience in job related field services, or progressively responsible leadership role in a customer facing support position.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-sufficient on project installations/start-ups and has provided direction to others by applying advanced service technologies and practices.
- Required travel up to 60% to customer sites in North America for multiple days, for international travel a passport will be required.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States