Position: Cybersecurity Consultant
Location: Plano, TX
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Work Remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
The Cybersecurity consultant is responsible for developing business plan and service menu of cybersecurity business (SOC, IR, etc), for providing up-to-date cybersecurity trend, and for fulfilling hands-on incident handling and vulnerability management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT ARE LIMITED TO:
• Plan, design, establish CSIRT and SOC operation process and service.
• Research and analyze security standards, trend, security systems and technology.
• Provide complex technical advice, recommendations and consultancy on networks, infrastructure, products, and services supplied to customers.
• Develop business plan, use case and cybersecurity solutions for customers to meet ROI
• Work with SOC/IR/delivery team to continuously enhance service and its quality.
• Develop security strategy and planning for customers, aligning with groups
• Prepare security program plans and execute IT controls, processes, audit tools, interfaces and utilities for authentication.
• Document procedures and process.
• Determine the most effective way to protect computers, networks, software, data and information systems against any possible attacks.
• Analyze IT cyber security operations and systems, hardware configurations, physical security, and operating procedures across organization.
• Implement security risk analysis for current and new systems to find system weaknesses or disclosures.
• Recommend solutions to stakeholder to strengthen IT Cyber Security Framework
• Publish and present the insight and trend to IT/non-IT executives and customers.
• Conduct information security management reviews.
• Ensure technical implementation and business processes are aligned
• Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies and procedures
• Conduct incident handling and response efforts ad needed
• Coordinate the technical response and investigation efforts with regional investigators
• Provide training and coaching for CSIRT team
• Project management as needed. Manage 3rd party vendor services as needed.
• Security Incident Trend Analysis. Investigating new security vulnerabilities, threats and proper response o Suggest counter measures for Kaizen activities.
• Incident Response Plan improvement. Tests and updates the Incident response plan periodically
• BA/BS degree or higher in International Relations, Security Studies, Intelligence Studies, Cyber Security, Computer Science, or related field
• 10+ years of experience in the field of Cyber Security preferably with Fortune 500 company.
• 4+ years of experience in managing CSIRT & SOC operation for organization.
• 3+ years of experience leading high-functioning teams
• 5+ years of vulnerability management / risk assessment experiences.
• Experience with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources
• Experience in managing SOC/IR service provider
• Ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders
• Proficient in Incident Management and Response
• In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc.
• Experience in threat management
• Proficient in preparation of reports, dashboards and documentation
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Good Analytical skills, Problem solving and Interpersonal skills
• Experience with cyber, incident response and digital forensics, security engineering, security operations, computer network operations, information operations, information warfare, or topical cyber
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.