Cybersecurity Cloud Engineer
|Published||March 18, 2023|
Position: Cybersecurity Cloud Engineer
Location: Orlando, FL (Hybrid)
Note: Very good relocation package provided
Under direction of senior team members, the Cybersecurity Cloud Engineer provides technical expertise and direction in developing and supporting secure cloud architecture and practices. Individuals in this role are responsible for aligning industry security best practices and technology solutions with business strategies. Based on knowledge of assigned customers’ businesses, Cybersecurity Engineers are responsible for proactively identifying risks and remedial actions that apply to technologies for business processes. In addition to providing technical expertise, Cybersecurity Engineers consistently demonstrate strong leadership, initiative, and communication skills. They have a proven track record of being actively sought out by other team members for their technical advice.
Roles And Responsibilities
· Participates in development and implementation of cloud security policies and procedures; develops security guidelines and safe practices for company-wide computing and networking systems
· Leads vulnerability assessment, risk management, network intrusion detection, endpoint protection technologies, firewalls, SIEM, data loss prevention, Web proxy, Web Application Firewalls, email protection, malware analysis, cloud security, and Incident response.
· Builds and maintains cloud environments hosting security tools and for maintaining the cloud security tools that are used to secure production clouds.
· Ensure that cloud platforms adhere to security best practices and compliance regulations.
· Monitoring the health and status of our cloud environment.
· Anticipates problems and proactively manage them to resolution.
· Reviews, updates, and enforces cloud security policies within the Darden tenants.
· Assess the cloud security posture and develop a remediation plan for any identified gaps.
· Coordinates and participates in cloud projects ensuring that security is embedded in the process in the early stages of development.
· Work within a DevOps security model so that security is automated and elastic across all cloud platforms.
· Acts as subject matter expert on cloud security to guide more junior team members through technical situations
· Acts in partnership with assigned customers’ businesses to proactively identify risks and remedial actions that apply to technologies for business processes
· Informs and advises customers on information system technologies, functionality, costs, benefits and implementation requirements
· Participates in incident response activities and provide technical knowledge.
Participate in the Cybersecurity team on-call rotation