Cybersecurity Awareness & Training Specialist
|Published||January 21, 2023|
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It's the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we're ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
Our Products & Services Cybersecurity organization is actively investing in a broad area of cybersecurity topics, while leading the way to inspire a workforce that is passionate about building and creating secure mission critical systems and products. To do that, we're looking for people who bring great ideas and who make our partners' ideas better. We seek intellectually curious advisors (not order takers) who focus on outcomes to creatively solve business problems - people who not only embrace change, but who accelerate it.
Cybersecurity is at the heart of what we do, and as such, creates a unique opportunity for people interested in a Cybersecurity Technical Trainer role. Our Cybersecurity Governance, Risk management, and Compliance team is seeking someone with a smart, creative mind to join the team, which operates at the forefront of the security industry. This role will help to ensure best in class training of various departments within Motorola as well as our customers and 3rd party vendors. The role will work with our internal learning departments to create effective and impactful training programs. The role will also collaborate with team members to build internal certification programs and develop recognition programs. Most importantly, we seek a team member to bring energy, excitement and passion to this role to help influence and build a cybersecurity focused culture.
Develops, designs, and administers timely, relevant and cost effective technical training programs for company products and technologies to customers and/or employees. Partners with customers and business leaders to determine training needs. Interfaces with engineering, technical support and manufacturing to ensure course material reflects current product features. Monitors training effectiveness and course applicability.
* In this role you will:
* A cybersecurity awareness & training specialist develops learning and awareness programs to cultivate a culture of cybersecurity within an organization.
* Collaborate with team members to develop, source externally, and deliver internal training programs and materials to educate technical, service and sales personnel on a variety of Cybersecurity related disciplines including policies, standards, best practices, secure design, secure testing and other as-needed cybersecurity training
* Collaborate with team members to develop and deliver external facing training programs and materials to educate Customers on a variety of Cybersecurity related topics
* Develop, evaluate, and update training programs, course content, and materials
* Work closely with the marketing team to develop external facing materials and customer awareness campaigns
* Establish and manage relationships with 3rd party content and training providers
* Work closely with team members to establish and maintain an external training program for customers, partners and dealers
* Act as continuous liaison between different areas within Motorola Solutions to ensure consistency in the overall Cybersecurity training strategy and to receive feedback on progress
* Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content
* Work with subject matter experts and identifying target audience's training needs
* Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
* Experience deploying and measuring effectiveness of security awareness to a global audience, leveraging LMS, webcasts, and other technology
* Must have ability to learn technical subject matter quickly
* Must have the drive to continuously learn and keep pace with a fast moving and dynamic industry
* Specific Knowledge/skills:
* Detailed knowledge of Cybersecurity and related disciplines beyond a high level understanding is a plus
* Knowledge of NIST, OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities, security policies and principles of information handling and protection
* Knowledge of the NIST/NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework is a plus
* Experience driving certification programs is a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Should be a self-starter who demonstrates complete ownership over assigned objectives and is able to work independently
* Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means.
* Ability to apply principles of adult learning.
* Ability to develop or procure curriculum that speaks to the topic at the appropriate level for the target.
* Experience with content authoring tools
* Knowledge of multiple cognitive domains and tools and methods applicable for learning in each domain. Passion about continuous improvement
* Ability to suggest creative solutions
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Flexible and able to adapt to changing prioritie
* Must have at least some professional work experience in the design or delivery of training content
* Must have a least a high level understanding of basic Cybersecurity concepts
* Bachelor's Degree in communications, marketing or another field with related work experience
* 1+ years of experience
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Motorola Solutions and maintain compliance with these requirements.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
* Incentive Bonus Plans
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
* 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Generous Paid Time Off Packages
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Paid Parental & Family Leave
* and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.