|Date Posted||November 2, 2020|
***Location flexible, open to remote work location within the United States***
This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading the automation engineering team through SDL design, program development and deployment of supporting tools. As a lead engineer, you will be responsible for the design, and development of solutions to deliver automated cybersecurity services, including automated threat hunting, contextual enrichment through threat intelligence, security event and alert prioritization, and incident response actions. This role works closely with the reliability engineering and threat defense teams to develop and integrate custom playbooks, use cases, and workflow integrations.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Agile development & maintenance of automation script/tools to scale cybersecurity work across the organization
- Develop custom integrations, data correlation, and processing strategies to reduce cybersecurity risk
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for the automation team
- Excellent problem-solving and conceptual thinking abilities
- Ability to quickly learn new cybersecurity concepts
- Passionate about cybersecurity and self-driven to become an expert
- 5+ years of experience working in an information technology discipline
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, Ruby, C++, or C#
- Knowledge in application development and supporting a development environment
- Experience with API development and integration
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CIPM, or others focused on cybersecurity, data privacy or information risk management.
- 2+ years of experience working in Cybersecurity
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]