|Published||September 7, 2023|
|Location||Fort Meade, MD|
Since 2006, Intelligent Waves delivers mission-focused multi-domain operational expertise and innovation to the Government through high-impact technology solutions in cybersecurity, data science, enterprise network engineering, software development, and platform mission support. Always ready. Anytime. Anywhere. Any domain.
Intelligent Waves, a rapidly growing rapidly and is looking for a Cybersecurity Assessor (CSSP), to support a critical government customer enhancing readiness and security of key systems. The Cybersecurity Assessor will provide contractor services for a CONUS and OCONUS contract.
Location: This Cybersecurity Assessor is based in Fort Meade, MD.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 50% of the time and will be reimbursed based on IW policy, GSA Per Diem rates, and DoD Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) as required.
Security Clearance: This Cybersecurity Assessor must be a United States Citizen and hold a DOD Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility.
Employees are required to follow all company and customer site COVID-19 protocols.
- Provide support for all phases of Cybersecurity Inspections to which they are assigned: pre-inspection, inspection, and post-inspection phases.
- Support cybersecurity inspections and assessments of cybersecurity operations and readiness at all commands, supporting organizations, and Cleared Defense Contractor (CDC) sites.
- Participate as part of an inspection team consisting of Government Command Element (CE), Mission Element (ME), Vulnerability Element (VE), and Cyber Threat Element (CTE) leads with additional Government team members.
- Provide expertise in evaluating a sites response to various cyber threat actions.
- Has knowledge in various technology areas within existing cybersecurity inspections, to include, but not limited to the following: Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) vulnerability scanning tool, End Point Security (EPS) Host-Based Security System (HBSS), Windows (Database, Exchange, DNS, Mobility and REL), UNIX (various flavors and Database), Networks, and Traditional Security.
- Collaborate and coordinate with inspection team members, support development of a Vulnerability Assessment Plan or inspection strategy, coordinate logistics with appropriate site personnel, conduct remote and on-site inspections using manual and automated processes, provide tipping information for simulated cyber threat emulation, analyze results to identify root cause, gaps, and deficiencies, upload inspection results to data repositories, and provide input to reports and briefs.
- Perform as subject matter expert in the specific field of work and associated DoD Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) used to evaluate cyber hardening and compliance of DoD networks and systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in related field, or equivalent education, experience, and related training.
- 3 years experience in DoD Network Operations or IA operations.
- IAT II Certification required (Security+ or equivalent).
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or equivalent certification required (e.g - PenTest+).
- Working knowledge of Red Team processes and procedures.
- Shall have experience, knowledge, and in-depth skill in applying: analytical methods and skills used to evaluate, implement and disseminate IT/cybersecurity concepts, tools and procedures; network operations and protocols; operating system and technology areas, mission analysis and decomposition processes, and cybersecurity risk management.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying: DoD laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to information assurance/cybersecurity principles and practices. Knowledge of IT security technical and behavioral methods to protect information.
- Knowledge and experience in DoD Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) listed on the DoD Cyber Exchange portal at public.cyber.mil/.
- Proficient knowledge for identification of cyber threats, vulnerabilities, lapses, compromises, and impact that affect the functionality of system and operational mission through network the network. Knowledge of common network, operating systems, cross-domain services, and their partner technologies. Have at least one primary technical focus area and proficient knowledge of one or more secondary focus areas.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to communicate with executive-level staff, senior military leaders, and civilian government officials.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and mission focus.
- Ability to multi-task and rapidly integrate and support new customers/environments.
Since 2006, Intelligent Waves has remained committed to providing quality engineering, operations, and intelligence solutions to our clients and it all starts with YOU. Intelligent Waves provides a great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and vision, paid PTO, life & disability packages. We also invest in our employees' futures by contributing with vesting starting from DAY 1, technical training, tuition bonuses, and much, much more.
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Intelligent Waves will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Intelligent Waves LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity protected veteran status and individuals with disabilities, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, IW is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates and current employees. As part of this commitment, IW will ensure that those in need are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
A Veteran Friendly Organization