|Published||January 24, 2023|
Work starting November 2022
Kingfisher Systems, Inc. (Kingfisher) specializes in providing a full range of Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Intelligence, and support services to the U.S. Government. Kingfishers core competency is technology-enabled services with a specific focus on national security. Since 2005 Kingfisher has established itself as a recognized and trusted partner whose mission is safeguarding sensitive information, operations, and programs for our Federal customers and U.S. warfighters.
The Cybersecurity Architect will perform engineering in support of Cybersecurity defense-in-depth programs for designated networks and cloud environments. The contractor shall provide a complete and thorough risk assessment analysis of Information Technology (IT) and Information Systems (IS) to ensure systems and networks maintain the appropriate level of confidentiality, integrity, and availability based on national, DoD, Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), USSOCOM, Component Command, Theater Special Operations Command (TSOC), and deployed forces security regulations and directives. The Contractor shall provide Cybersecurity engineering support for DISN, DIA, Defense Switched Network (DSN), and Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) Connection Approval Packages.
Typical Duties Include:
* Provide dedicated, on-site support for Cybersecurity architecture engineering.
* Conduct network audits, assess results, and provide recommended corrective actions.
* Perform risk and vulnerability assessments for engineered networks and systems on the Special Operations Forces (SOF) Information Environment (SIE).
* Ensure engineering tasks and solutions comply with accreditation, certification, and connection standards for designated networks and systems.
* Engineer and analyze solutions for vulnerability and risk assessment to ensure solutions are in compliance with security standards and measures.
* Coordinate with subordinate, adjacent, supporting, and senior organizations and agencies to support the resolution of security issues, accreditation and connection approvals, and engineering requests.
* Provide Assessment and Authorization support; engineer solutions to ensure they include sound network security and design; provide project management support services.
* Review, analyze, and document the security requirements of applications, systems, and networks across their life cycles.
* Review Security Test and Evaluation plans; develop or refine them as necessary.
* Advise USSOCOM, its Component Commands, TSOCs, and deployed forces on network and system risks, risk mitigation, Course of Action (COAs), and operational recommendations.
* Recommend technology upgrades and modifications based on evolving technologies, best practices, and strategic initiatives.
* Evaluate Computer Network Defense (CND) tools; conduct functionality analyses and develop CND architectures; assist in creating Concept of Operations (CONOPs) and policies for the appropriate use of defensive tools.
* Evaluate, assess, and ensure the compliance of ports and protocols utilized by IT infrastructures, systems, platforms, products, applications, and network security devices (e.g., router Access Control List (ACLs), firewall configuration, ports and protocol nodes, network cabling, etc.).
* Research and recommend network security guidance based upon DoD, DIA,
* USCYBERCOM, Joint Force Headquarters - Department of Defense Information
* Networks (JFHQ-DODIN) and other-directed guidance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Experience with the US Combatant Commands (USCENTCOM/USSOCOM) is desired.
* Working knowledge of the DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides and the Cloud Security Requirements Guide.
* Must have excellent communications skill (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge and experience with DoD cybersecurity processes and policies (e.g.,
* Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 8510.01, National Institute of
* Standards and Technology (NIST), Committee of National Security Systems (CNSS), and other cybersecurity policies).
* Active TS/SCI clearance required.
Experience, Education, & Certification Requirements:
* Current Dod 8570 Information Assurance (IA) Workforce, Systems Architecture and Engineering (IASAE) Level II certification (CASP+ CE, CISSP (or Associate) or CSSLP)
Years of Experience: Minimum of Eight (8) years experience
Minimum Degree Requirement: BA/BS
Minimum Clearance Requirement: Active Top-Secret SCI Clearance
U.S. Citizenship: Required
Additional duties to be shared with qualified candidates
With employee health and safety as our top priority, Kingfisher is addressing the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace. Effective November 15, 2021, we require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Kingfisher will review and approve or disapprove medical and religious exemptions after the extension and acceptance of an offer of employment.
Kingfisher Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.