Cybersecurity Analyst Trainee
|Published||March 11, 2023|
|Location||East Hartford, CT|
Cybersecurity Analyst Trainee
State of Connecticut Judicial Branch
The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst Trainee (Information Technology Analyst Trainee) for the Cybersecurity Unit for the Information Technology Division.
The selected candidate will have primary responsibility to perform basic to complex (journey-level) cybersecurity analysis work. The work involves protecting cybersecurity assets and delivering cybersecurity incident detection, incident response, threat assessment, cyber intelligence, software security, and vulnerability assessment services. The candidate may provide guidance to others. Will work under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The candidate should have basic knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure and Office 365. The chosen candidate will have knowledge of cloud concepts, Azure services, Azure workloads, security and privacy in Azure, as well as identity management related function and support. The candidate will be familiar with the general technology concepts, including concepts of identity management, privileged identity management, cloud app security, azure ATP.
Technical Help/Service Desk Analysis: Respond to calls, emails and personal requests for routine technical support; assigns, tracks, and monitors status of new and existing issues using appropriate software as necessary; acts as liaison between other technical staff, users and vendors regarding Technical Help/Service Desk requests.
Qualified candidates will be proficient with:
- Pro-active monitoring and identify specific vulnerabilities using Palo Alto Cortex UI, windows defender ATP.
- Ensure device compliance from Intune endpoint management and identify why devices are not compliant and work with the end user and helpdesk to get the device into 100% compliance.
- Working with Azure and Office 365 technologies such as conditional access, Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive administration.
- Experience in the usage and analysis of security technologies, such as SIEM, DLP, ATP, XDR.
- Monitor Enterprise IOT devices to ensure network packets are inspected and scanned for vulnerabilities and identify endpoints that are not being scanned.
- Understanding of Windows server and workstation operating systems, imaging, and administration.
- Experience with system administration in a large enterprise environment including Windows workstation and servers, network administration, Azure cloud administration.
- Basic scripting experience in PowerShell and power automate, power BI tools.
- Experience with Microsoft sentinel and log correlation.
- Monitoring and analyzing cybersecurity alerts from cybersecurity tools, network devices, and information systems.
- Monitoring and maintaining cybersecurity infrastructure and/or policies and procedures to protect information systems from unauthorized use.
- Performing cybersecurity incident detection, analysis, and prevention.
- Performing vulnerability scans of networks and applications to assess effectiveness and identify weaknesses.
- Performing forensic analysis of information systems and portable devices and forensic recovery of data using assessment tools.
The candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written with a collaborative approach to work in a close team environment. The ability to work effectively with all levels of technical and non-technical staff and management is necessary.
Upon satisfactory completion of the initial probationary period, hybrid remote work may be available.
Salary Range: $61,503 - $82,036/year – plus State of Connecticut benefits.
New employees begin at the minimum. The starting salary for existing state employees may be higher than the minimum, in accordance with existing Judicial Branch policy.
The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch offers its employees a top notch array of health and retirement benefits including but not limited to: paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal leave, group life insurance, 457 Deferred Compensation, voluntary flexible spending account programs, discounted auto and home insurance policies and long and short term disability.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
General Experience: Two (2) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or other IT related field.
1) College training in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of two (2) years for an Associate’s degree.
2) Relevant Technical School training leading to a diploma in an information technology specialty (i.e. Computer networking Management, Computer Programming, etc.) may be substituted for one (1) year of the general experience.
3) Relevant certification in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering, project management or related area may be substituted for up to six (6) months of the general experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Incumbents may be required to travel within the State in the course of their daily work. Incumbents in this class will be eligible for advancement to the target class of Information Technology Analyst 1 after successful completion of two (2) years of on the job training.
Applications must be received by March 27, 2023. Applications must be submitted through the on-line application site at: (CLICK BELOW). Paper applications will not be accepted.
Careers at the Branch play an essential role for the public and society. Our meaningful, challenging, and interesting positions have a long-lasting effect that serves to advance justice and ultimately provides for the greater good of all.
Please reference posting number 23-4000-007