|Date Posted||March 26, 2020|
Location: Austin, TX
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Sr. Cyber Security Analyst for a full time position!
- At a senior level, maintains and operates a variety of security measures and software that perform cybersecurity functions such as access control, monitoring or vulnerability assessment. Provides support to the end-user community and ensures they have up-to-date protection from malicious software and other cyber threats. Tests and recommends security measures to remediate and mitigate risk. Provides reports and other information related to information security issues as requested by management and other groups. Performs evaluation and analysis of security applications and systems and makes recommendations to management. Recommends best practices to ensure system security across the enterprise. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services. Takes a new perspective to solve complex problems. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May direct the work of other staff members.
- Performs risk assessments and recommends security measures
- Monitors security systems for possible intrusion.
- Interacts with end users concerning malware, spam, vulnerabilities and any other cybersecurity issues.
- Reviews and creates audit reports on user and system activities.
- Reviews system generated logs for anomalies and takes appropriate actions.
- Actively probes the network for new threats and risks.
- Documents, deploys, reviews and maintains cybersecurity policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Plans and implements cybersecurity technology projects.
- Provides business continuity/disaster recovery and risk analysis expertise.
- Monitors security alerts on internet and other intelligence feeds and determines whether reported threats could impact the company’s information technology or operational technology systems.
- Provides technical consulting to other groups on cybersecurity requirements.
- Implements and ensures technical security systems including SIEM, VAT, network IDS, antivirus, web and email filters and firewalls.
- Implements and ensures technical security compliance solutions for NERC, PCI, FBI CJIS, HIPAA and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs cybersecurity incident response activities
- Documents and maintains objective evidence to demonstrate NERC CIP regulatory compliance.
- Creates and delivers security training materials and classes for asset owners, software developers and system administrators.
- Provides oversight regarding compliance with security regulations, standards and laws.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with a small team to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as scheduled.
- 9 or more years of experience in cybersecurity.
- A degree(s) in information technology, computer science or relevant field may be substituted per company guidelines for certain years of experience.
- Driver’s license
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com