|Location||Point Mugu, CA|
|Date Posted||November 3, 2021|
COMPANY PROFILE JT4, LLC provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. JT4 develops and maintains realistic, integrated test and training environments and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
•Not eligible for teleworking
A Cybersecurity Analyst III performs a variety of cybersecurity tasks in monitoring information systems and securing the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure operational environment to include developing and updating system security plans (SSPs), developing plans of action and milestones (POA&Ms), managing and controlling changes to the systems, conducting audits, providing incident response, vulnerability assessments, and assessing the security impact of security and non-security-relevant changes. Work is at an intermediate level, involving managing deadlines, and cybersecurity engineering support for members of development, sustainment, or operations and maintenance team. Employee will be responsible to perform the following functions/duties:
• Interface with the Authorizing Official (AO) and the Security Control Assessor (SCA) for coordination of Authorization to Operate (ATO) packages
• Manage multiple system packages throughout the ATO process
• Conduct research and reference reading in obtaining technical information
• Keep informed of currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to cybersecurity specialty
• Perform systems engineering activities in the areas of Cybersecurity / Information Assurance (IA) / System Security Engineering (SSE) and security assessment and authorization (A&A) in accordance with NIST SP 800-53 RMF
• Apply risk management concepts to mitigate vulnerabilities in system security architectures
• Interface with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM), program managers, system stakeholders, and external contractors to coordinate cybersecurity requirements and architecture flow down from the system level to individual elements of the system
• Assist in preparation of reports, correspondence, or technical studies
• Supervise junior Cybersecurity Analysts with providing cybersecurity engineering support for system engineering to ensure systems are engineered within DoD Instruction (DoDI) 8510.01 Perform other job-related duties, as required
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Work is performed in a typical office environment with no unusual hazards. Occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal; constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication; and constant mental alertness are required. Routine travel to remote company work locations and work in field environment with occasional overnight assignment may be required. REQUIREMENTS-EDUCATION, TECHNICAL, AND WORK EXPERIENCE A bachelor's degree (master's degree preferred) in Computer / Information Technology / Information Assurance focused on cybersecurity, or equivalent academic/technical training/certification; 6 to 10 years of experience in computer systems security, and/or related area of expertise; DoD 8570.01-M level compliance; a Security+ certification; and other industry standard certificates such as CASP+CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, or GCIH. CEH, CCNA, and CySA+ are required for this position. Additional desired qualifications include CEH (Master) or CERP. In addition, an Cybersecurity Analyst III must possess the following qualifications:
• Conceptual knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, eMASS, ACAS, SCAP, STIG, Cyber Risk Assessments (CRA), Cyber Table Top (CTT) or related process
• Robust conceptual and practical understanding of IT infrastructure designs, technologies, products, and services
• Experience supporting various system configurations such as standalone, local area networks (LANs), and wide area networks (WANs)
• Experience formulating and/or interpreting cyber threat analysis of adversary techniques, tactics, and procedures used to disrupt computer networks
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical ability, judgment, and the ability to work effectively with the customer and Cybersecurity Engineering Support Team
• Ability to plan, organize, and work under strict deadlines.
• Experience with planning, designing, executing, and assessing discussion-based exercises A Little about Point Mugu Point Mugu is a picturesque naval base on the Pacific Coast in western Ventura County, situated about 50 miles west of Downtown Los Angeles. It is known for its Mediterranean climate and its status as a protected wetland. Point Mugu is a part of a beach Community along the original Pacific Coast Highway (U.S. 101). The inhabited portion of Ventura County also includes numerous towns including Oxnard, Camarillo, Port Hueneme, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Fillmore, Ojai and Santa Paula. All within a 25-minute commute of Point Mugu. Aside from its beaches, the area is a mix of agriculture, small industry, and residential areas. The weather is mild pretty much year-round, offering a comfortable climate with an added dose of sunshine. When the graceful grey whale makes its annual migration from Mexico's warm waters to the Arctic seas, Ventura County is one of the best locations for whale watching in the country. You'll find some of California's best surf breaks in Ventura County. smaller waves breaking pretty much year-round. The base has direct access to good surfing and it's just a short drive to famous breaks like Rincon and Silverstrand. Beaches in Ventura County aren't just white stretches of sand dotted with bright umbrellas and sunbathers. Try any of the many local state beaches, to find great birdwatching, camping, surfing. There are miles of hiking trails that weave through and around Ventura County. the Channel Islands are the one of the least-visited National Parks in the entire nation, despite being one of the most stunning and ecologically rich. The park's Visitor Center is located right in the Ventura Harbor, giving locals prime access to all the beauty the park has to offer. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified. Tasking is in support of a federal government contract that requires U.S. citizenship. Some jobs may require a candidate to be eligible for a government security clearance, state-issued driver's license or other licenses/certifications, and the inability to obtain and maintain the required clearance, license or certification may affect an employee's ability to maintain employment. SCC: CIS11; A4PMSR Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled