|Date Posted||April 15, 2021|
Job Summary: As a Cybersecurity Analyst, you will serve as the Host Based Security System (HBSS) Administrator part of the Cybersecurity Team team to provide IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Enterprise IT Systems. The HBSS Administrator will be responsible for the operation and system administration of the Host Based Security Systems supporting the Naval Integrated Training Environment.
Roles and associated responsibilities:
- Must possess the ability to work independently or work well with a team
- Create customized scanning/testing configurations within testing tools to suit security configuration requirements.
- Identify the applicable NIST 800-53 security controls or policies that correspond to any finding identified via manual or automated testing, to a specific CVE, IT technologies, or any other physical or logical subject.
- Perform analysis of cybersecurity directives, policies and instructions to include, but not limited to: Communications Task Orders (CTOs), Fragmentary/Task/Operation Orders (FRAG/TASK/OPORDs), IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) guidance, and STIG requirements.
- Ensure current security testing and evaluation software is sufficient to the task of conducting infrastructure security testing and regularly look for and recommend additional software that may fill gaps in current security testing toolset.
- Provide subject matter expertise concerning known vulnerabilities, and become knowledgeable of newly released vulnerabilities, and discuss methods of exploitation, methods of mitigation or remediation, severity of impact and other pertinent considerations of vulnerabilities.
- Perform risk analysis/independent verification on security configuration and STIG finding risk reports / POA&Ms for devices on the network.
- Provide system administration and maintain operations of HBSS servers.
- Implement HBSS migration/compliance strategy.
- Troubleshoot HBSS product issues and outages.
- Administer ePO tree structure management.
- Administer policy catalog management.
- Coordinate ASI details and planning as needed.
- Maintain system patches, O/S, SQL, and HBSS STIG compliance.
- Resolve ePO server (O/S, ePO, or SQL) issues.
- Maintain the ePO server (automated tasks, task scheduler, database maintenance tasks, etc.).
Education & Certification
• Comply with the DoD Cyber IT/CSWF Program requirements of DoD 8570.1-M and SECNAV M-5239.2 at the Journeyman level. Minimum COMPTIA Security+ certification (CISSP Preferred)
• Subject matter expert with at least four years of hands experience, or Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications Engineering or similar degree.
- HBSS specific training and/or certification (e.g. DISA HBSS 201 Admin ePO5.1 and DISA HBSS 301 Advanced ePO5.1).
- Possess and maintain an active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET security
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) (Preferred)
- Knowledge and experience in working with Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS).
- Ability to work independently or in as an integrated team with strong organizational and communication skills
- Understanding of Linux/Unix operating system
Security Clearance: Secret