|Date Posted||January 5, 2022|
Job ID: 6611
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst to join our team in Lisle, IL. Reporting to the Sr Manager of IT Cyber Security, the successful candidate will analyze, report and respond to detected cyber incidents. You will act as a Cyber Incident Response Specialist, utilizing cybersecurity tools to proactively search for threats to systems or networks. This position will work with all members of the team.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Monitoring, reporting, threat intelligence, and discovery analysis (Threat hunting).
• Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis and correlation of network traffic, host-based alerts, and forensic images as needed.
• Manage a problem resolution process from initial reporting to resolution.
• Documenting confirmed cybersecurity incidents by assembling factual information for the incident from all relevant SOC and external sources and coordinating analysis of the assembled information.
• Investigates deeper on the detected behaviors when an incident is escalated by the level 1 analyst
• Participates to the crisis management by providing support to the incident handler and the SOC Level 3 analysts
• Reviewing the ingest of cyber news feeds, signature updates, incident reports, threat briefs, and vulnerability alerts from external sources and determining its applicability to the DHS CISA environments.
• Providing situational awareness to other SOC analysts, to other SOCs, and to strategic enterprise level decision makers.
• Providing vulnerability assessment analyses for onsite and remote (i.e., VPN) vulnerability assessment capabilities.
• Providing threat intelligence sharing, reporting, analytics, and visualization to analysts and SOC leadership.
• Support Cybersecurity projects, activities, and applications.
• Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field
• 3-5 years work experience in a cybersecurity related role
• Advanced cyber and/or networking related certification.
• Experience with or ability to learn various log management, SaaS based EDR consoles, along with other cyber management consoles.
• Fundamentals in information technology, IT operations management, change management, and security.
• Advance Microsoft Excel skills is required
• Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.