|Date Posted||November 23, 2021|
Position: Cybersecurity Analyst
Location: Augusta, ME
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 7 Months
- As a Cybersecurity Analyst you will be responsible for cyber threat identification, evaluation, prioritization, and remediation activities under the direction of the Cyber Security Manager.
- The candidate will continuously review existing and proposed to protections to systems, networks, and software designs, and is responsible for analyzing logging and alerting data, identifying, and escalating potential security events.
- The Cyber Security Analyst will partner with business users to support the integration of cybersecurity protections into business operations and will act as a key member of the incident response team.
Top 3 Skills:
- Endpoint Security
- Security Monitoring
- Vulnerability Management
- Deploy, manage, and maintain enterprise Cybersecurity toolsets
- Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks, recommending mitigations or countermeasures, and resolving integration issues
- Provide a cybersecurity partnership with the business to ensure proper implementation of protections toward current and future projects
- With direction and per procedures, perform required tasks and coordinate with IT and Incident Response team members to respond to security incidents
- Coordinate architecture and engineering activities with other IT teams as well as internal organizations in an efficient and professional manner. Lead vulnerability management efforts in the detection, triage, tooling expansion, data aggregation and reporting processes, tooling, and automation.
- Develop and manage ongoing process improvements and backlog to the entire scan program well coordinating globally to ensure success
- Actively contribute to business architecture, requirements, reporting and analytic configurations, and processes, ticketing, and proposed roadmap tools.
- Develop cross-functional team relationships to become trusted point of contact and liaison for inquiries, subject matter expert coordinating all issues, capability gaps, and enhancement requests in the product.
- Develop, manage, and measure KPIs, KRIs and additional metrics to understand the trends, quality, and insights from the vulnerability results to facilitate business decisions, automation development, and update of executive dashboards, reports, and templates.
- Work as member of team on improving the Secure Software Development Life Cycle framework and provide recommendation for improvement.
- Lead efforts conducting limited penetration testing efforts to identify infrastructure and application weaknesses.
- This position will assist the Security Operations Center in maturing and developing a vulnerability program.
- This individual will work stakeholders to establish vulnerability and patch practices to ensure the execution of this functions to tighten the security posture.
- Fill in other security functions as directed by the Security Operations Center Manager.
- Deploys a proactive approach to security using ethical hacking
- 10 years of information security experience, with a focus on risk analysis, vulnerability assessment, and security testing within an enterprise environment.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Windows or Linux systems and their associated scripting (PowerShell, python, bash) languages, experience with AWS or Azure cloud environments, and will have worked with vulnerability and manual testing following OWASP Top 10 products such as Tenable Nessus, Rapid 7 InsightVM, Qualys, Burp, ZAP or similar.
- The candidate will also have experience in enterprise detection and response capabilities for endpoint protections.
- With advanced study preferred; One or more relevant technical security certifications are a plus (GIAC, CompTIA, EC Counse
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.