|Date Posted||August 25, 2021|
JT4 is hiring a Cybersecurity Analyst for their China Lake Naval Base located in Ridgecrest, CA.
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
The Cybersecurity Analyst performs a variety of fundamental cybersecurity tasks in securing information systems and maintaining the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure operational environment to include developing and updating system security plans (SSPs), developing plans of action and milestones (POA&Ms), managing and controlling changes to the systems, conducting audits, providing incident response, vulnerability assessments, and assessing the security impact of security and non-security-relevant changes.
- Conduct research and reference reading to assist higher-level Cybersecurity Analysts in obtaining technical information.
- Keep informed of the current approved standards, codes, and procedures as they apply to the cybersecurity specialty.
- Perform systems engineering activities in the areas of cybersecurity / Information Assurance (IA) / System Security Engineering (SSE) and security assessment and authorization (A&A) in accordance with NIST SP 800-53 RMF.
- Apply manager-approved risk management concepts to mitigate vulnerabilities in system security architectures.
- Interface with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM), program managers, system stakeholders, and external contractors to coordinate cybersecurity requirements and architecture flow down from the system level to individual elements of the system.
- Assist in preparation of reports, correspondence, or technical studies.
- Perform other job-related duties, as required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Associates or higher degree in Computer/Information Technology, or equivalent academic/technical training/certification preferred.
- Possess 2+ years of experience in computer system security and/or related areas of expertise.
- Security+ certification required.
- Knowledge in Risk Management Framework (RMF) in accordance with NIST SP 800-53 RMF, eMASS, ACAS, SCAP, STIG, Cyber Risk Assessments (CRAs), Cyber Table Top (CTT), or related process preferred.
- Experience with JSIG, NIST 800 and NISPOM, Chapter 8 preferred.
- Must possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in computer security and information systems and working experience with Microsoft Office, Access, and Visio.
- Must possess experience supporting various system configurations such as Stand Alone, Local Area Networks, and Wide Area Networks.
- Must possess excellent skills in verbal and written communications, planning, and organizing, and be able to work under deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate Authorization to Operate (ATO) packages and manage multiple system packages throughout the ATO process.
- Robust conceptual and practical understanding of IT infrastructure designs, technologies, products, and services.
- Experience supporting various system configurations such as standalone, local area networks (LANs), and wide area networks (WANs).
- Experience formulating and/or interpreting cyber threat analysis of adversary techniques, tactics, and procedures used to disrupt computer networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical ability, judgment, and the ability to work effectively with the customer and Cybersecurity Engineering Support Team.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, designing, executing, and assessing discussion-based exercises
- Ability to plan, organize, and work under strict deadlines
- Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and possess a valid, state issued driver's license.