|Date Posted||August 17, 2021|
Overview of Team:
M&T Banks Cybersecurity Team is seeking a motivated CSOC Defense Analyst to work in either Buffalo, NY or Millsboro, DE in a Cybersecurity Operations Center. Successful candidates will have experience in either Cybersecurity or IT Operations, along with a passion to apply that knowledge to take their careers to the next level. The CSOC Defense Analyst will be responsible for first line cyber defense of the organization, with input to daily operations. This individual will use defensive measures and information collected from various sources to identify, analyze and report events occurring within the network to protect information, information systems and networks from threats. M&T's Cybersecurity Operations Center operates 24x7x365.
Schedule: Must be available for Three - 12 Hour Shifts. 7AM- 7PM or 7PM - 7AM. Must be available weekdays and weekends.
Location: Buffalo, NY or Millsboro, DE
- Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- Capture and analyze system and event logs associated with malicious activities using security monitoring tools.
- Collect intrusion artifacts and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential cyber defense incidents within the enterprise.
- Complete static malware, threat and log analysis in coordination with past incident analysis data.
- Conduct research, analysis and correlation across all source data sets including indications and warnings.
- Analyze incident data for security events and identify emerging trends.
- Maintain incident tracking and solution database.
- Notify designated managers, cyber incident responders and appropriate stakeholders of suspected cyber incidents and articulate the event's history, status and potential impact for further action in accordance with the organization's cyber incident response plan.
- Conduct analysis of log files, evidence and other information to determine best methods for identifying the perpetrator(s) of a network intrusion or other crimes.
- Provide timely notice of imminent or hostile intentions or activities impacting organization objectives, resources or capabilities.
- Provide daily summary reports of network events and activity relevant to cyber defense practices as part of shift turnover activities.
- Follow Cybersecurity Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and provide recommendations for SOP efficiency improvements.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 3 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 1 year relevant work experience in two (2) or more of these Cybersecurity domains: Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Engineering, Communication and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security Testing and Security Operations
- Understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of application development support software and hardware platforms
- Knowledge of mainframe and/or distributed computing environments
- Experience completing detailed problem analysis and resolution
- Capable of quickly learning new technical skills
- Experience participating in technical analysis walkthroughs
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Associates degree in an applicable discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience in two (2) or more of these Cybersecurity domains: Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Engineering, Communication and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security Testing and Security Operations
- Knowledge of the Bank’s application development support software and hardware platforms
- Technical understanding of mainframe and/or distributed computing environments
- Experience with active participation in technical analysis walkthroughs
- Security+ certification or applicable Cybersecurity domain-related industry-recognized certification
Buffalo, New York, United States of America