|Location||San Antonio, TX|
|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
Location Name: San Antonio, TX
Job/Requisition ID: 61966
Location Address: 19100 Ridgewood Park, San Antonio, TX, United States (US), 78259
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The Cybersecurity Analyst is a vital role that helps to provide assurance for Marathon’s critical assets and securely enables business functions. The SIEM Detection Engineer will serve as the leading resource for configuring and maintaining our SIEM, SOAR and UEBA solution. This role reports to Cybersecurity Operations leadership and works closely with Cybersecurity staff and MPC IT technical and business personnel across the company.
The successful Detection Engineer will:
- Maintains a positive, customer-centric attitude
- Has strong troubleshooting and organization skills
- Strong understanding of threat monitoring/hunting activities for an enterprise environment.
- Familiar with attacker tools, tactics and procedures that can be applied to hunting, investigations and incident response.
- Experience developing detection content on SIEM/SOAR/UEBA solutions.
- Can build and maintain excellent relationships with internal customers
- Has strong presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrates leadership attributes
- Researching and configuring SIEM, SOAR and UEBA threat detection capabilities.
- Research and implement techniques for threat detection and response.
- Act as subject matter expert during incident post-mortem and drive improvements in detection and response capabilities.
- Partner with MPC’s Incident Response team on active or emerging threat data and intelligence.
- Partner with IT and Cybersecurity on the identification and development of threat detection capabilities
- Develop and maintain custom detection queries within our SIEM, SOAR and UEBA technologies.
- Analyze large and unstructured data sets to identify trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activities.
- Create security techniques and automation that enables the team to operate quickly and efficiently.
- Collects analytics, aggregating into useful metrics and reporting to cybersecurity operations management on a periodic basis
- Participates in incident response activities and various cybersecurity initiatives as needed
- Must be willing to travel as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Systems Security, Electrical Engineering, Physical Sciences) or equivalent background and experience
- 2+ years of experience in analysis of collected evidence and artifacts for incident response and detection.
- 2+ years of experience in Event Log analysis
- Thorough understanding of multiple domains of Information Technology, including network infrastructure, systems administration, relational database administration, and application development
- Well versed in cybersecurity principles, theory, and practical application in an enterprise setting
- Ability to apply project management techniques to successfully organize tasks and initiatives
- Advanced troubleshooting, solution design and implementation skills
- Outstanding organizational and oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new technologies and concepts
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability to provide detailed reporting
- Experience with hybrid cloud architectures a plus
- CISSP or related certifications a plus
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. Marathon Petroleum's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon branded outlets. Speedway LLC, a Marathon Petroleum subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company which owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.