|Date Posted||January 9, 2019|
The Advanced Solutions Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Cybersecurity Analyst in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command. The Cybersecurity Analyst will be expected to integrate and collaborate with all technical teams to deliver a fully-functional system.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander's guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander's guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government's objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army's Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
• Work independently as a contributor of the Cyber Security Team, while embedded with the SW Sprint team
• Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug security critical software features using modern software development languages and tools, such as java
• Perform module and unit testing of cyber security features, including manipulation of data for analysis of security requirements
• Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for secure design, secure development and security testing, including assisting with cyber security subsystem requirements decomposition
• Use Jira, Confluence, Nexus, Stash-Git/Subversion development operations, collaboration and source control tools
• Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them
• Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
• Develop maintainable code that matches specifications
• Develop software that re-engineers complex algorithms involving complex physics and ballistics
• Participate in Design Reviews, Sprint Planning, estimating, Release Planning, demonstrations and retrospectives
• Other duties as required
• BS degree and 4 -8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience with software or system vulnerability analysis reports (HP Fortify, BurpSuite Pro, Metasploit Pro, ACAS, OpenVAS, or SCAP).
• Experience with MATLAB and complex physics/ballistics algorithm development
• Experience with Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise (DI2E) development tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Nexus, and Stash-Git/Subversion
• Experience in Java/J2EE technologies
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and SOAP based web service technologies, including WSDL, JAX-WS, JAX-RPC, XML, XSD, and XSLT.
• Experience with Objected Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming
• Experience designing and building web services, including REST-based services
• Experience developing applications using network sockets
• Experience serializing data structures using JSON or SML for communication with web clients
• Experience using pub/sub message queues, such as 0MQ
• Experience with automated unit test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages
• Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Good verbal and written skills
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
• Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
• US Citizenship is required
• Experience in User Interface development technologies, such as HTML5, NodeJS, AngularJS, etc
• Web Client end user devices, Smart Clients and Android applications
• Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
• Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
• Familiarity with VMF (and other Army communication standards)
• Familiarity with MIL-STD-188-220
• Familiarity with Extensible Map Platform
• Experience with Red Hat Linux, Eclipse IDE, and JUnit
• Competent in C++ and JNI
• Good understanding of concurrency (C++ threading models and patterns)
• Understanding of RS-232/422, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, NLB network protocols
• Experience working with Raytheon Taclink modems and tactical radios (R/T 1523, AN/PRC 152(A), AN/PRC 117G, AN/PRC 155 )
• Familiarity with both SINCGARS and IP waveforms (SRW, ANW/2)
• OSGi Development Experience
• Angular Development Experience
External Referral eligible