|Date Posted||June 6, 2019|
Cyber Security Technician working as an analyst Proposal
Background: The Technology Services Department at Wayne County Airport Authority is looking for a highly motivated and performance oriented individual to work as a Cyber Security Analyst. We are seeking qualified candidates who enthusiastically embrace the opportunity to develop and maintain the enterprise security architecture.
Scope of Services: In this position you will be working with the Department’s Network Engineering and Information Security Manager to protect the confidentiality, availability and integrity of the Authority’s information systems and electronic data. The position will challenge and build your skills while developing a strong sense of accomplishment allowing you to make a difference.
- Analyze and provide recommendations to strengthen organization-wide Cyber Security management and control programs to ensure that information and technical assets are adequately protected.
- Research the latest Cyber Security threats, risks, and vulnerabilities and recommend appropriate security tools and countermeasures.
- Provide recommendations for the growth of the elements in the Authority’s Cyber Security maturity model.
- Monitor, track, and document information security related issues and threats daily to ensure prompt resolution.
- Serve as a technical member of the Authority’s incident response team.
- Participate as a member of development project teams to ensure security requirements are in place and met.
- Experience Sound Cyber / Information security experience
- Experience interpreting and implementing Cyber Security regulations
- Champion of Cyber Security frameworks and Cyber Security industry best practices
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills
- Experience and knowledge of IT security architectures and designs (SIEM, Patch Management, Active Directory, Office 365, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Virtual Private Networking, virus/malware protection, and vulnerability management systems)
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) or more years’ experience in Cyber Security or a related field; or seven (7) or more years of work experience in Cyber Security.
- Certified within Cyber Security qualifications such as CISSP, CRISC or CISM
Preferred Experiences and Qualifications:
- Implementing Cyber Security Controls and Benchmarks (NIST, CIS, etc.)
- Tenable.io Vulnerability Management system
- Logrhythm SEIM Experience with Cisco Firepower
- Nessus Vulnerability Scanner
- Programs for compliance to PCI, HIPPA, or GLBA. Experience with development of Disaster Recovery plans.