|Location||Joint Base Andrews, MD|
|Date Posted||January 11, 2019|
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is looking for a self-driven Cyber Security Engineer with direct RMF experience to work at Andrews AFB who has the desire for success and a relentless interest in providing a positive customer experience to complement a cohesive team of IT professionals. The candidate shall possess a thorough understanding of cybersecurity and tasks required to protect and defend information and information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. This includes providing for restoration of information systems by incorporating protection, detection, and reaction capabilities. Contribute to the Authorization and Assessment (A&A) process under the Risk Managed Framework (RMF) for new and existing information systems, to include facilitating Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), Interconnection Security Agreements (ISA), Risk Acceptance Letters (RAL) and Continuous Monitoring. This role will have an opportunity to assist the organization in driving down risk by assisting in the implementation and ongoing service of important organizational controls, essential documentation (including policies, standards, procedures, and assessment reports), and being responsive to issues that may compromise data on the AF network. The candidate must also have an understanding of reporting, updating and maintaining all POA&M items as well as cybersecurity training, certification, and tracking requirements as cited in DoD 8570.01-M, as well as ACAS and SCAP training.
- Ability to lead a team of four Cyber Security engineers at Joint Base Andrews and work independently, demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities, be well organized, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Maintain Authority to Operate (ATO) compliance for all Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages.
- Investigate, contain and report all Classified Message Incidents (CMIs).
- Adhere to all DoD, Air Force and NIST 800 guidance policies and regulations pertaining to cyber security related matters.
- Prepare TEMPEST packages for all areas that process Classified information per guidance AF AFSSI 7702
- Conduct vulnerability scans via the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) for all assets on the AF network (i.e. work stations, server, switches, and routers).
- Play vital role in all incident response procedures, including steps to minimize the impact and then conducting a technical and report summary on how the breach happened and the extent of the damage.
- Provide guidance, awareness and training to Cyber security Liaisons regarding all matters customers via CIPS, Remedy and/or emails.
- Follow all REMSEC policy and procedures that deal with the sanitization of Classified and Unclassified devices.
- Recommends information assurance/security solutions to the ANGRC campus to support customers requirements.
- Conduct SCAP / STIG Viewer scans for STIG compliance checks on all applicable ANGRC assets.
- Develop process and procedures for all day to day operations.
- Maintain DoD 8570 status for all users identified on the Unit Manning Document (UMD) and DMDC records to ensure required users are compliant.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.