|Date Posted||December 17, 2020|
Full Title: Corporate Cyber Security (CCS) Program Strategist I
Location: 100% remote
Contract Length: 12 months, starting in January 2021
Pay Rate: $50 - $65/hr.
Primary areas of accountability:
- Understand the enterprise's core information security competencies and the value they bring to business processes for a competitive advantage
- Interact with internal and external customers to ensure continuous customer satisfaction, ensuring that SLAs and KPIs are met to support operating units
- Ensures adherence to developed policies, standards and procedures or complete appropriate exception documentation
- Partner with key stakeholders from within the Line of Business (LOB), CCS, and other groups throughout corporate IT Services to offer transparency on matters pertaining to Information Security
- Support vendors with onboarding of contingent workers utilizing 2FA, VPN and CyberArk
- Develop and maintain technical and end user documentation for onboarding of contingent workers
- Provide regular updates to CCS management on LOB strategies, critical projects and related risks, potential policy exceptions, and other items, as applicable.
- Ensure information security requirements are properly represented throughout LOB processes including risk assessments, new product evaluations, application development, testing, and ongoing operations.
- Engage, as necessary, in LOB sponsored projects and advise on information security related matters.
- Manage the credentials, privileges, and access for corporate resources to ensure all information systems are functional and secure, ensuring that SLAs are met.
- Maintain IAM security policy including providing updates to CCS procedural documents to support policy.
Effectively support the production applications within the assigned area, with a focus on quality implementations and production stability. This includes managing audit/risk profile, issues, and data custodian responsibilities.
- Review technical and business processes, standards and procedures, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Assists in the development of testing strategies, methodologies and analyses; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyzes business and/or system changes to determine impact, identifies and assesses
- Able to work some off-shift hours supporting vendors as they onboard new staff
- 3+ years’ experience with RSA SecurID and/or RSA AM Prime creating/modifying user accounts
- 3+ years’ experience with creating/modifying user accounts in AD
- 2+ years’ experience in a Help Desk or end user support position utilizing 2FA,Citrix and VPN
- 2+ years’ experience working with various mobile devices and hardware to enable 2FA services
- Detail oriented and committed to accuracy
- Able to pick up new concepts and work methods quickly
- 2+ years of experience in Information Security
- Knowledge of financial services industry and all applicable regulations and industry standards
- Experience with IT Service Management systems, such as Service Now.
Preferred - Skills/Prior Experience:
- CISSP, or GSEC Certification
- Exposure to CyberArk or other password vaulting systems
- Analytical skills with an ability to work independently in response to general work direction.
- Previous experience in the banking industry.
Category Code: JN008